Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
bellis_GTR
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: Rogers

BB BOLD freezing

Hello

I have been having this problem for sum months now. Ill be on the phone or just playing around with the phone then out of no where everything freezes and a hour clock spins for 10-20 mins sometimes longer.

While its doing this I can not use the phone at all. The only way to stop it is to remove the battery or let it sit and turn off on its own. 

It just so happens as I was making an account the phone did it and I recorded it. 

Here are the videos.

First 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVBqtFfYJyY

Second 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATu6SbnjeXA

In the first video the phone was already doing that for about 5 mins or more before recording.

second video shows it goes to the menu screen with the hour glass then shuts down completely.

I removed the battery waited for it to restart then the battery was in the red zone about to die.

Anyone have the same problem?

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kamiie
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9810
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Re: BB BOLD freezing

my phone does the same thing !!! i think its because the application space is low !! once my application spaces gets to below 5MB it starts to freeze !!! (i only have about 128MB of application space on my blackberry bold) ... i pull out my battery all the time tryin to unfreeze it !!! most times i just leave it and let it load for 5 hours but usually i just push the escape button about a billion times and sometimes it unfreezes but most times it jus resets itself !!!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bellis_GTR
My Carrier: Rogers

Thanks for the reply! My application space is low too. A screen pops up and says delete some applications, and when I do it keeps coming back after getting rid of 4 apps. How can I free up more space? I hardly ever download new apps, and I only have apps that came on the phone.

It sucks when Im trying to use the GPS or when Im trying to talk to someone!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kamiie
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9810
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

I dunno !!! I only hav about 5-8 apps that I downloaded on my phone, they are like 10mb altogether !!! Most times after I delete a few apps it goes to 7.8 or 8.1 mb then when I check again it says there's no space on the phone again :smileysad: I think the apps that came on the phone are takin up more space then it says because when I first got my phone the app space was 3/4 full and all I had free was about 20 or 10 mb !!! Soo what I'm thinking that its the original apps on the phone that r using up the space !!!
Please use plain text.
KO
Contributor
KO
My Carrier: MTN, Ghana

Hi, I'm also having a similar problem with my blackberry bold 9000. As I send this post, my phone is just restarting after remaining frozen for the last 10 minutes. What do i do with the darn thing?? Somebody please help.
Thanks, KO, Accra, Ghana
Please use plain text.
KO
Contributor
KO
My Carrier: MTN, Ghana

Hello all,

I have also been having a similar problem with my blackberry bold 9000. it keeps freezing and then rebooting every few minutes over and over again. 

KO

Accra, Ghana

Please use plain text.