Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
NJA1
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9700

BB Bold 9700

My BlackBerry Bold 9700 (v5.0.0.442) keeps freezing and shows the little clock continuously spinning and I have to turn it on and off. How do  I fix this problem?

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: BB Bold 9700

Hi NJA1

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Are you closing your application properly ? Please press and hold the Menu for a few seconds, it will pop up a screen which will show all running programs in the background ,generally five will always there ( Home, BBM, Message,Phone , Browser ) look if any other apps. are running.

In addition on your device have you enabled Memory Cleaner , please Check Options > Security > Memory Cleaner, Disable that feature It can also cause freezing and clocking.

Let us know how it goes.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
NJA1

the memory cleaner is disabled & the apps are closed that is not the right solution
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,950
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

NJA1 wrote:

My BlackBerry Bold 9700 (v5.0.0.442) keeps freezing and shows the little clock continuously spinning and I have to turn it on and off. How do  I fix this problem?

Turning a BlackBerry off and on does nothing to rectify glitches, lagginess or other issues.

Do a simple reboot on the BlackBerry in this manner: With the BlackBerry device POWERED ON, remove the battery for a minute, and then reinsert the battery to reboot. A reboot in this manner is prescribed for most glitches and operating system errors, and you will lose no data on the device doing this.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
NJA1

how do i back up a 9700 for a security wipe? Is backingit up with blackberry protect enough???

Please use plain text.
JSanders

Connect via the USB  to the PC > run the BlackBerry Desktop Software > Backup.

In my book, Protect alone is NOT enough, it alone does not get all your data, such as email messages, password keeper and more.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
NJA1

I did a security wipe on my phone and now the bb app world and the facebook icons are missing. What can I do to fix this???? NOTE: I do not have unlimited internet access.
Please use plain text.
damii_muhajir
My Device: torch 9800

When will the new os 6 be available for upgrade on the 9700? My network is indosat. Thanks

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

NJA1 wrote:
I did a security wipe on my phone and now the bb app world and the facebook icons are missing. What can I do to fix this???? NOTE: I do not have unlimited internet access.

Hi NJA1

Have you tried a Battery Pull Restart ? Try it by removing the battery while your device is Powered On , after reboot see if you are able to view those application. Also make sure that they are not hidden , for that On your HomeScreen press the Menu key and click on “ Show All Icon“ or “ Unhide Icon “,search for it if you can see it but looks like faded then move your cursor over the icon and press Menu key and click  “unhide " 

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
JSanders

damii_muhajir wrote:

When will the new os 6 be available for upgrade on the 9700? My network is indosat. Thanks

OS6 for the 9700 been available for over a year from RIM. I don't recommend you upgrade your 9700 to OS6, it is laggy, slow and glitchy. Stick with OS5.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.