Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
tean123
My Device: 9790

Re: BB Bold 9790 keeps rebooting

This is a real problem I don’t know of anyone how isn’t having a problem with their 9790, and the rebooting (on mine) happens basically every 5min sure this can be resolved please help.

New Contributor
Palmvim
My Device: Bold 9790

From what I discovered, it is a physical problem. Something on the motherboard has to be welded again. You need to bring it to a repair shop. I sold mine to someone who knew the problem and was able to fix it. I now use my old device but waiting to get my hands on a new 9790. Let mw know how it goes.

New Contributor
tean123

Thanks for the advice I’ll try again on Monday at my repair shop (their system was down last week)... I’ll say how it goes when I get it back

New Contributor
Palmvim

Hello again, were you having problem from the start. In my case the self reboot began on the first day. I would be sitting at my desk an would see it reboot on its own! I can't tell you the frustation I had with that thing.

New Contributor
tean123

Sorry random add-on to describe my problem further. As soon as it gets EDGE or 3G signal it starts to reboot

Visitor
navedikram

Something very frustrating. Its been a month that I am using new BB 9790 and from 2 weeks it keep rebooting now and then.

At times once it comes up it reboots again and again and once it happens till my battery completely drained.

I will go to the service centre today and will keep you guys posted on this one.

New Contributor
iangrove

I've started experiencing the same issue with my phone rebooting. The battery was also not lasting. I've recently wiped it completely but its still rebooting itself, now several times a day. Most frustrating
timcasey

hi,

got big problems with my daughters 9790!!!!

contantly rebooting itself to the point then even when connected to the desk top manager it wont hold out long enough to do a back up. Have loaded the 7.1 but rebooting continues. have searched everywhere for information but nothing fitting found. The battery gets very hot and drains quickly. have tried another battery without an change. have tried tapping the phone in various places when it is ok to see if that makes it reboot but seems to not be the case. have wiped (much to the horror of my daughter which i'm sure will be reflected in the level of christmas presents i get this year!!!) the phone and tried starting a fresh but within 10 minutes started rebooting again!

Ive removed the SD card and that made no difference.

the back up process via the laptop gets as far as the smart card options (towards the end of the process) and then hangs. left it as long 2 two hours after reloading the phone with 7.1 but never gets beyond that point.

Any help or suggestions would be great

Cheers

Tim

mbadr

Been having this same problem for the last 2 weeks.

My 9790 reboots constantly. At best I probably get about 5-10 minutes use out of it before it decides to reboot again, at worst i get about 5 seconds.

Today I tried turning off the mobile network and left only the wifi on ... it hasn't rebooted in the last hour ... it seems to be a problem with the mobile network hardware or software ... at least now I can backup the phone and use email and BBM when i am in a wifi hotspot. But I will take it in ASAP to get it replaced/fixed.

Hope this info helps

New Contributor
arsalans

I have started getting the same issue again with regards to phone booting up in the middle of the calls. Has happened twice in the last week. Very inconvenient.

Can anyone from Blackberry please help?

Thank you