Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

awsmjean
My Device: Blackberry 9790

BB Bold 9790 overheating

Hi, my bold 9790 heats up really quickly, and the battery life drains really fast. For example, I charged it to 80% and went to sleep for about 5 hours, and when I woke up, it was 5%. I tried changing the battery, but the same thing happened. Is there a reason for this? On normal use my battery only ever lasts about 3 hours. I've been using the phone for a bit more than a week now. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Prachur
My Device: Bold 9790

Re: BB Bold 9790 overheating

I had the same problem I got my hand set replaced, even after that the new one also had the same problem then got its software updated things improved after that but still I am not satisfied with the battery performance

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
AS17

Hi, I am having the same problem all of a sudden with my Bold 9790. This morning the battery drained and it's overheating- up to 52 degrees Celcius! I panicked and removed the battery, then had to stick it in the charger because the battery drained completely. It's still charging but I don't know what's wrong, Help!! 

PS I've only had this phone for a bit more than a week...

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
AS17

I left my BB on charge and went out, and Voila! It's back to normal....!
Hmm makes me wary if I experience the same again. Just to be on the safe side I'm deleting some useless apps of the phone.
Please use plain text.
kschlamp

I have noticed my bold also overheating, as far as I can tell it is only when I leave a specific game running in the background. If you hold down the menu key all running applications will appear, try keeping applications that aren't being used closed, it will also do wonders for your battery. The browser, phone, Bbm, messages, and home will always appear, to make multi tasking easier. To close applications press the menu key and scroll down to close or exit, depending on the app.  If you press the end key the application will still being running in the background. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sien0001
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9790

I don't think this is related to applications running... with all the applications that can be closed this problem still occurs on my phone. Plus there are other posts complaining about battery life, I think there might be problem with this model/batch. 

See this post as well: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Bold/COMPLAINT-about-BOLD-9790-BATTERY-LIFE/td-p/1...

Too bad I am with Rogers and the only way I can get any support is if I ship my unit out to the carrier. Not very convenient, especially since I don't have a landline. 

Please use plain text.
Developer
ignites
My Device: Bold 9900

Go to a Rogers Plus store they will provide you a loaner bb phone while they take a look at your phone.

Developer for easyDial for BlackBerry Bold & inLink for BlackBerry PlayBook
Find me online via twitter, or on the techfruits.com webpage. Please hit the like button below if what I said helped!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sien0001
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9790

Thanks for the suggestion, but I would prefer not to have a used phone touching my face. I have just seen too many people take their phones to the bathroom. I think I will just bash out the couple hundred on a real phone and cut my losses here. 

Cheers.

Please use plain text.
Visitor
cardelpino
My Device: bold 9790

I´m having the sam problem overheating and the battery drains in less than 3-4 hours after normal use- wifi, bluetooth, gps etc are all off- how can I solve this? I tried with a brand new battery and I still hace the same problem! please help I just bought this phone! thnks!

Please use plain text.