Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

ArbeniK
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone Albania

BB Bold 9900 - Blackberry Browser, Facebook and Twitter app not working

First of all I wanted to say “Hi” to all and thanks in advance for your help.

I’ve tried to search for solutions to my problem here and in other forums but I had no success. Hope you can help me with finding a solution here.

I own a BlackBerry Bold 9900 upgraded to the latest OS version available (7.1 Bundle 1149, Platform 5.1.0.276) and the mobile operator is Vodafone Albania with BIS plan activated and fully working (BB logo/four dots)  showing, Push email working, Gmail syncing, etc.).But there are three applications that simply don’t work as they should.  The three applications giving troubles and not working are:

BlackBerry Browser (7.1.0)
Facebook Application (3.1.0.11)
Twitter Application (3.1.0.8)

Those apps simply just won’t connect when I use only the 3G BIS connection. When I activate and connect through Wi-Fi they magically start working.

When I try to login with the Facebook App using the mobile operator 3G connection the app just spins and after a while it aborts the operation and the error message reads: “We cannot reach the Facebook server at this time. Please try again later. (100)”

The same goes for twitter also. When I try to login under the 3G service, it spins and spins and aborts showing the following error message: “Timed out.”

Also I run into the same problem with the BlackBerry Browser. It times out trying to connect to any URL I type; “Unable to connect to the internet, please try again later.”

Those problems just disappear when I activate the Wi-Fi connection and use those apps.

I tried to upgrade/downgrade/use hybrids etc. Also tried battery pulls, resending the Service Books, resetting to factory default, using other SIM card with BIS plan active, even using other operator SIMs with BIS plan also active. Contacted the mobile operator support and they tried resetting the connection more than 4 times but the problem persists. Searching the net for solutions I managed to make the Browser work deleting the “BlackBerry Internet Browsing Service 2” and “WAP2 Transport” Service Books, but even then no Facebook or Twitter app.

Now I am without a clue on what to do to make those apps work.

Everything was running fine and apps working until two or three months ago when I did upgraded to a version whose number I don’t remember right now.

Anyone has any idea on what’s going on and how can I make those app work again?

Thank you in advance, any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Ben.

Please use plain text.
ArbeniK

Re: BB Bold 9900 - Blackberry Browser, Facebook and Twitter app not working

Anyone? Anyone knows anything that can help me find a solution to this problem?

Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Check with your mobile operator to know whether you have access to facebook, twitter and browser access for your Data plan.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.
ArbeniK

Tanzim, thank you. Yes, did that many times and with several levels of CS, asked specifically that question and they say everything is ok on their end.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Mr_Ricky_66
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

I'm enjoying precisely the same problem.  While connected to the mobile network (4G in my case) I have access to no internet via browser, no facebook or Twitter.  However I can receive emails, BBM works also.  Switch over to wifi and everything works perfectly.  Browser connects to the internet, Twitter works and Facebook works flawlessly.  Ive done about 4 battery pulls, reinstalled the OS, upgraded the OS and still nothing.  Spoke to tech support at ATT and they cant figure it out.  Any ideas would be great

Bold 9900

7.1.0.428 (bundle 1424) Platform 5.1.0.338

AT&T

Please use plain text.
Luckhand
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Here is clue for web browser working, go to option - device - service book then highlight Blackbbery internet browser 2 (there are two BB internet browser in the service book, just delete the one). Your internet should work after that, but Facebook and Twitter would not. I was on the phone 3 hrs with (2) T-mobile tech and then transfer to (2) BB tech, they could figure out, they ask to send the log record when to loging face book with problem, they will return the solution in a week.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Mr_Ricky_66
My Carrier: AT&T

Hey bud, thanks for the suggestion.  Before going into the service books I decided to give it another shot (havent tried since I made this post earlier today) and voila, everything works as it should.  I did nothing to fix this so I'm assuming there was some kind of network thing going on with ATT.  As of right now everything works.  Facebook, Twitter and the browser while on the network.  If it happens again I'll try your suggestion  Thanks again :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
farrukhmalik
My Device: bold 9780
My Carrier: ufone

sir i am also facing the same problem on WIFI even my WiFi is connected but the message will accrued that connect your WiFi please hep me out from these
Please use plain text.