Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
Spaff
My Device: BB Bold 9900

BB Bold 9900 - Not sending or receiving emails in Europe

I installed a new Swiss SIM card 3 days ago. the mobile phone works fine; the internet connects to available wifi sites at work. But the email and texting has stopped completely - not even intermittent while in a wifi hotspot. This happened with my previous Bold, I was told there was a technical problem with that phone, and new upgraded phone would be trouble free. Not so! I've tried all kinds of setting adjustments, nothing is working. I work in Europe several times a year - if this isn't corrected i'm switching to iPhone!!! Not worth the aggravation.....Thanks for any suggestions.

Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Re: BB Bold 9900 - Not sending or receiving emails in Europe

I'm going to keep you from that iPhone!  (Sorry if you really wanted one.)

All you need to do is resend the service books to your phone.  To do this, from your homescreen follow Setup>Email Accounts>(Menu Key)>Service Books>Resend Service Books.

Let us know if that helps you.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor
Spaff
My Device: BB Bold 9900

Thanks Bill,

I get as far as 'setup>email accounts, then get the message 'your device had a problem connecting to the server'.

I'm in a hotel wifi site, which shows i'm connected, and which works on my laptop.

any idea how to get past the server connection problem?

Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

You might need to resend the service books over the mobile network and not Wi-Fi.  Don't quote me on that but that's the only obstacle I can think of offhand.  One way or another, you'll need those service books resent to your phone.  If it's not working over Wi-Fi, you might have to connect to a mobile network.  If you're roaming, it'll cost ya but the solution lies in getting those service books.

Cheers.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.