Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
hamdan247
My Device: Bold 9900

BB Bold 9900 - Password Reset Not Working

Ok, so as a student, coming back from the US to my home country, I had to change the sim card on my BB to use my phone and its features.

It asked me for my bb id and security password. I tried my default password (which had worked when I was moving to the US in the first place) but for some reason it did not work. I did what every normal person would do and set the password reset option.

It did not work and I tried every possible password till 9/10 attempts had been made. So I decided to just back up my stuff and do the data wipe. But then, after 10/10, all it did was lock me out for 15 minutes. So I took out my sim card and put it back in again, and suddenly, my phone was working fine! i don't know how, but I wasn't complaining. But then I have to reset the phone for some reason and voila! Security password being asked again and Im locked out again.

So in short, is there anyway I can get my password to work or at least do a data wipe so I can access my phone.

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: BB Bold 9900 - Password Reset Not Working

Hi there,

Try doing another battery pull - while the device is on, remove the battery for 15-30 seconds, then reinsert and wait for the device to reboot. Does that give you access again? If so, do the backup, and you can then perform the security wipe if needed, but hopefully you'll be fine for now, even without the security wipe.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.