Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
Stargate-Sentinel
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Orange

BB Bold 9900 - Problems With Setting Up Email Account

[ Edited ]

Whenever I try to access the Email Accounts icon in the Setup Menu, I get the error message " Your device had a problem connecting to the server". Does anyone have any idea why I keep getting this error message ?

I have already set up a Blackberry ID and the phone will connect to the internet / WiFi without a problem.

Any help would be appreciated.:Helpsmilie:

Please use plain text.
Developer
Teaboy1748
My Device: Q10/ Z10 / 9900 / PlayBook / 9700 / 8900
My Carrier: ATT

Re: BB Bold 9900 - Problems With Setting Up Email Account

This error occurs if a Subscriber ID is associated to the BlackBerry smartphone but not the Service Provider.

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do?externalId=KB32866&sliceId=2&cmd=displayKC&d...
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Stargate-Sentinel
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Orange

Thanks for the prompt response Teaboy.

I'll contact Orange and try to resolve the problem with them.

Best regards,

SS

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
karol52
My Device: blackberry bold 9790
My Carrier: virgin

Hi I have a blackberry I d too, never had any problems with setting up my email accounts on my previous blackberry's. But now since iv had this one. I can't set up the blackberry email address now, I spoke. o my provider about this, they tried numerous things to try solve this....to no avail...what happens now when I try to set it up I get a msg saying the name is taken and to choose anothe one, even when I go to the set up to view my blackberry I D. It shws the same info and email address..I have no trouble if I want to. Purchase anything from the app world, it accepts my bblackberry. I D automatically. I just can't set it up now as my email address, Can anyone help me solve this. Please
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
karol52

Oops... my phone is the 9790
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
karol52

I have just re checked. When I vied the my I'd its as I said. My vriginmedia@.blackberry.com email address. My screen name which is just my name...that's all showing fine...just can't set it up to use for sending and receiving emails. Now. If I did a total security wipe,inc email accounts which is now only yahoo emai seeing as iv not be able to re set up my blackberry one. Would this allow be to. Set it once phone has been wiped clean....
Please use plain text.