10-07-2012 07:50 PM
I bought my BB Bold 9900 10 months ago and I never had problems charging my device. But just the other day, when i got home and charged it, when i woke up, Led - RED light blinking and wont turn on. I used a different charger ( brand new) but still the same. I tried connecting it to my laptop to charge but still, no good. BB desktop says that device was not connected (obviously since it has no power). I searched online and tried the "kickstart" they're saying where in I have to charge my phone for 2 hrs and remove battery for 10 mins and put the battery back and wait for another 2 hrs - still no good . Although when i tried that, I saw the charging icon for a few secs during the first 2 hrs but didnt see it again.
Has anyone got a suggestion? Would you know if I need to replace my battery or have this fixed? We dont have BB service center here in the Phillipines. Dealer would normally send the device to Singapore to have it checked/fixed. I cant afford not to have my phone because of my job and I have files stored in it..<sigh>
I'll really appreciate all the help you guys can give. Thanks.
Solved! Go to Solution.
10-09-2012 01:19 AM
While waiting for someone to respond, I did a couple of research and tried them out but until now, I'm still not able to turn onn/charge my device.
Here's what I've tried so far:
1. pulling the battery put while charging and putting it back on
2. The "kickstart" as what one member termed it where in while holding the end call button, remove battery and RED LED Light while appear and immediately press call button for 3 secs and press end button again. He adviced to do it 7-12 times and said that may not work the first time.. but try again. ( I tried doing that several times)
3. One posted that he had his charged for like 2 days and removed battery every 2-3 hrs. ( havent had my phone charge that long though )
4. force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader. It was also posted in Blackberry Knowledge Base KB10144.
FYI: the message prompts I got seems different from what was posted though since I didnt get the chance to reinsert battery. I was prompted to disconnect device and close the application befor installing. After I restarted, DM didnt register my device. Didnt have the option to " retry/update"
(I know it's funny replying to my own post but I'm really desperate now. And hoping that should anyone reply, at least you know what I have done so far)
10-21-2012 02:23 AM
I know, it's me again replying to my own post but I just wanted to share with everyone what happened and what worked ( you may encounter the same)
Everything I've tried worked for some users in one way or another. After exhausting all options, I finally decided to have it checked. I went to my dealer's distributor and they also happen to be the BB's service center here. Good that I was still under warranty since they said that my phone was "NON RESPONSIVE" so they just replaced my device with a brand new phone (same model of course). If I wasn't, then they will need to send my device to RIM and have them fix it ( all hardware concerns are forwarded to RIM)
1. if you encounter the same prob, you can still try all options I did since they worked for some
2. If you think you've tried all possible options and still no response, chances are, you may need to bring it to a service center and let them advise you if it's still practical to have it fix/replaced since it may cost you like purchasing a brand new phone ( no prob if you are still under contract)
LESSON LEARNED: back up files regularly. Yes, I lost quite a few files. Blackberry Protect can not back up BBM Contacts, DM will not sync with your device unless your initial set up says so ( that's what I failed to update when I had my second BB)
11-15-2012 09:14 AM
04-18-2013 01:05 AM
04-18-2013 11:24 AM
I see that many 9900s have the problem of "not waking up" and my 9900 is also not working with the same sympthoms. I have bougt it in February 2012 in Ghana and now work in Turkey, so there is no way to give it back or to talk to a provider. So...I need a solution. The problem was - the phone has discharged, I plugged it into the wall charger, the red indicator has lited, app. A minute later it was off and the "no battery" sign has appeared on the screen. I have tried new battery, various ways of charging - wall charger, PC USB, different wall charger, taking out and inserting battery a few hours later...nothing worked. Can you give me an advise?
Hi and Welcome to the Community!
Please try this sequence...note that, throughout the entire 4h15m process, your BB must remain connected to a known-good wall charger (not PC USB):
This has been known to "kick start" some BBs.
It is also possible that your battery or BB has experienced a problem...to test, this sequence is needed:
The results of this will indicate if it's your BB or your battery that has the problem.
Good luck and let us know!