Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

My Device: Not Specified

BB Bold and Medai sync does NOT support .my ,m4a files

I have been using my Itunes to manage my personal CD collection for years on ipods. I load them using apple lossless and they are all .m4a files.  There is no copy protection on them. When using the latest media sync (2.0.0.22) via desktop manager (4.7.0.32) and a brand new bb Bold with a new class 4 - 8 gb chip,   Only the older mp3 files will transfer.  ALL of the .m4a files show up as unsupported.

What gives?  This is the most normal approach anyone could ever take.  RIM says they support that file format....

I've searched all the info on the net.. nothing seems to apply....anyone know what i am missing?

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: BB Bold and Medai sync does NOT support .my ,m4a files

Sorry that this is not a solution but just an addition

Same story with me. Moreover, with movies I find that many movies that are .m4v get the message "unsupported file format" and will not play. Yet, some other movies that are also .m4v DO play and, surprisingly, other .m4vs play the sound but no video or vice versa.

I've only had the BB Bold for 1 week but feel that the entire operation and options for how I wish to save files, etc, is woefully.... well crap! 

Seriously considering getting my money back and getting an iPhone if BB do not release proper instructions on how to set things up in a stable way (I always seem to discover that my files won't play, or are simply headers of 0.01 seconds long, or are not grouped as albums, etc.).