Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
francoys
My Device: Bold 9900

BB Bold fails the LCD Backlight self-test

I've run the self-test (from within Options->Status, type "TEST") on the Bold, and I don't get the expected results on my LCD Backlight Test. The test says that I should be able to toggle the backlight (I assume it means between OFF and ON) whenever I press the Space bar. However, the backlight simply stays on until it fades out, as if the keyboard had not been touched. If I hit a non-space key on the keyboad, the backlight will come back on if it has faded out, and I get a notice reminding me to use the Space key to test the backlight toggle.

Does anyone else have this problem, or do they have any ideas what might be causing this? 

If this is relevant, I've recently loaded OS 4.6.0.162, which appears to be running fine until now.

Thanks! 

Developer
viverant
My Device: You wish.

Re: BB Bold fails the LCD Backlight self-test

Francoys, have you tried waiting for the backlight to time/fade out and then try to goggle with space instead of a non-space key?
Contributor
francoys
My Device: Bold 9900

Re: BB Bold fails the LCD Backlight self-test

Yes, I did try waiting for the backlight to first fade out. Same thing, the Space key does not toggle the backlight. To be clear: once the backlight has faded out, hitting Space will bring back the backlight, but then so does any other key. And I don't consider this "toggling", as it only brings back the backlight, but does not turn it off.