Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

BB Bold shows me new incomming email which is not available!

Hi Folks,

since several days I'm playing with the new BB Bold. Right now I'm trying to find out how everything works.

In the Moment I discovered following. After I got 3 Emails pushed to the handheld, I got a small sign on top the screen that I have 3 new incomming mails in the handheld account. After I deleted all three mails in the account, I still have a sign for 1 (one) mail available, but when I open the account, it is empty and showed me no mails.  :smileymad:

Where is that mail? Or why BB Bold showes me an available mail when no mail is available in the account?

The main symbol for the email accounts is in grey colour without the red information point for new mails!

Any Ideas for my problem?

Rgds. 

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: BB Bold shows me new incoming email which is not available!

Is it a commercial or evaluation unit? As far as I know eval units are yet to be shipped with robust OS 4.6. The one I used has some limitations which are believed to be rectified after final version for the market.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor

Re: BB Bold shows me new incomming email which is not available!

Sorry cant help you with your problem I dont have a Bold yet, can you tell me if the Bold syncs with Microsoft Outlook ok

Thanks in advance

New Contributor

Hi Tanzim,

I'm using a commercial unit. After successfully implementation of the email push serivce I got the first mails to the Blackberry. After I read the mails, I normally delete them but after the last mail I still have this yellow envelope Symbol on top of my display but no message in the email folders. In the meantime I discoverd the following. When I open my main email folder and go to options-->basic options, there is a switch available where you can show or hide the number of messages you didn't read until now.

When you swith this funtion from show to hide, the small yellow envelope which told you that there is a message waiting, disappeared from the BB display. But the message which is the reason for this yellow envelope symbol is still vanished somewhere in the BB and not available in my email folder.

In the Moment I have no Idea where that stupid message will be. 

Rgds. 

Forums Veteran I
My Device: 8120, Storm, 8200

if you are setting Display Message Count to None under options, that means there is an unread messaeg somewhere. check all you email icons, if you have any personal email icons. Also make sure to check you SMS and any other icons and make sure to set device to show all icons so you can go thorugh various messages icons and chk Phone icon for any missed calls or voicemails

also take the battery out and put it back in.

Click on KUDOS to appreciate our efforts and mark the thread RESOLVED if your issue is resolved.
New Contributor

Hi BBsingh,

thanks for your soon reply and help. It works well now. The Problem is solved by removing the battery! :smileyhappy:

Rgds.