Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

My Device: Not Specified

BB Bold sync Issue with Outlook/Vista

I have just swapped computers to a new one. On my new machine I am running Vista Business and Outlook 2007. When with deask top manager 4.6. I run the sync function it process through and syncs address book and tasks. It processes the calandar but before it updates it it comes up with Microsoft Windows error message saying that the Desktop Manager has stopped working. When I click "search for an online fix" it closes the program. The problem dtails are as follows:-

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: DesktopMgr.exe

Application Version: 4.6.0.12

Application Timestamp: 4835e713

Fault Module Name: StackHash_d711

Fault Module Version: 6.0.6001.18000

Fault Module Timestamp: 4791a7a6

Exception Code: c0000374

Exception Offset: 000b015d

OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.6

Locale ID: 3081

Additional Information 1: d711

Additional Information 2: d77fb7cf877fa3628777200466ab5264

Additional Information 3: e86b

Additional Information 4: 41350529b44a193834466c8d36366ff8

On my home machine I am also running vista and have no sync problems nor do I hav this problem with XP. I have tried downloading all the patches, I have updated the software and re loaded it over an over.

Please help as I am about to launch the laptop and the phone out of the window!!!!

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Re: BB Bold sync Issue with Outlook/Vista

Wich Outlook you have installed on your home?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.

On my home machine I am simply running Windows Contacts.

New Contributor

NO NO don't do last sentence.  I've had BB Bold since coming out, with Vista and have been experiencing strange syncing problems even while going in and out of the "Sync config" setups, and doing everything 1 at a time, backing up, restoring, etc.   I have NO idea why this is a problem, however, when using the BB Bold with OLD 8800 software (NOT 4.6), it sync'd JUST FINE, and perfect then...I installed 4.6 software on friends NEW Vista (with NO previous BB software) and HERS works fine...so there is something, but I have yet to figure out on a daily basis!  My calendar is the worst, no upcoming appts are the same on either Device or Computer, I'm not ready to throw in, it's the FASTEST BB I've ever had and I've had several, I LOVE it!  But PLEASE need to figure out calendar!

Good Luck!

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi,

Try checking your CICAL settings in "Options/Advanced Options/Default Services"  Both settings should be set to the outlook email address.

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800

My Bold just had this problem today.  After 3 hours, my solution that seems to work (so far!):  wipe the Bold's calendar entries, then re-sync.

To wipe the calendar entries from the Bold: open Desktop Manager with the device connected to the computer.  From the main menu, select "Backup and Restore".  Click "Advanced."  On the right, under Device Databases, scroll down to "Calendar-All".  Select it, and click the "Clear" button.

In the synchronization settings, I set conflict management so that "Microsoft Outlook wins".  To do this, in the main Desktop Manager menu, click Synchronize, then on the left, under Configure, select Synchronization.  On the right, click the Synchronization button.  Click the "Advanced..." button, and on the Calendar tab, click the "Conflict Resolution" button.

Hope this works for you (and continues to work for me!).

Finaly, a solution for this... Smiley Happy

It worked out great, thanks for the solution!

greets, Pascal

New Contributor

Yippykayay!!  Your solution worked....I was going to slit my wrists but now am happy happy happy....

I did the process you suggested once and it worked, but the same problem occured the next time I connected my Bold.

Desktop manager opens, but in the middle of the sync process the software closes and when I re-open it, it doesn't recognize the device unless I disconnect and start over...

Do you mean I have to wipe the bold's calendar everytime I want to sync?

In that case I loose all my calendar entries that I have entered on the road! 

I have re-installed the desktop manager after I got Vista and that didn't help either.

This is driving me crazy...

Any thought?

I am having exactly the same problem as azadehd.

Any help would be appreciated.

S