Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
Xellirks
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Globe

BB Browser errors when displaying images.

[ Edited ]
Good day, madams and sirs! Im having trouble with my phone's browser. Ive had this for a month and so but i seems i couldnt find any answer on the internet. Ive seen some solutions but I've foud out that OS 6 is different from the older versions. So problem is.. Everytime I go on the internet using the default browser thru Data Services on my phone, all images on every page of the sites i open only shows a red x. It's been bothering me for quite sometime now and i hope someone may find and tell methe solution. Im on a BB Bold 9780, v6.0.0.546 Im in desperate need of help her.. Please and thanks in advance!!
Please use plain text.
owensky
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Globe Ph

Re: BB Browser errors when displaying images.

Try clearing cache and make sure your settings is JavaScript enabled.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Xellirks

[ Edited ]

@Owensky

I have cleared my cache hundreds of times. Same goes with battery pulling. Java Script and 'Load Images' are both enabled.

-----

I've found a similar problem here: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Storm/Image-Errors-using-the-internet-browser/td-p...

Was about to try the solution but apparently OS 6.0 can't manually select which browser to use.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
hamdani
My Device: Blackberry 9700
My Carrier: MEP (0 left)

i suggest you to update your OS.....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Click "Accept as Solution" if your issue is resolved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Xellirks

Thanks for the reply hamandi. But my BB Desktop Software says that I don't have updates available.. 

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
hamdani

You can download Device Software at http://us.blackberry.com/support/downloads/download_sites.jsp

Choose your service provider, and the dropdown list, choose your handset and Download for new version.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Click "Accept as Solution" if your issue is resolved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Xellirks

[ Edited ]

Then what, sir? How do I update/install my phone's OS?

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
hamdani

following this instruction:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/General-BlackBerry-Functions-and/Upgrade-OS-on-phone/td-p/389...

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Xellirks

Much appreciated hamdani. I'll reply once I've updated my phone's OS or if ever I run into any problems in the process. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Xellirks

I've finally tried installing the software. But nothing changed. I also tried downgrading and re-updating the software, and still, it din't change.;(

Anyone else have any ideas how fix this?

Please use plain text.