Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

My Device: Bold 990
Accepted Solution

BB ID denied, offline mode?

I used to use one SIM with blackberry option in my BB, but that contract has ended so I want to use my other SIM (different provider, without internet, without BB option, just oldschool for making calls and texting) in my BB. I couldn't remember my original BBID password,, so I reset it via my laptop.

problem is, when I try to start the BB with that new SIM and the BBID with the new password, it doesn't accept it.

would I need to have internet access on the phone in order for it to work? or wouldn't the new SIM work anyway because of the different provider? I'm hesitant to click the 'yes delete everything' option in case the new SIM won't work and I couldn't even use the phone with my old SIM anymore (e.g. as a cam for taking pictures).

sorry it's complicated, I hope someone can help.

Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2243; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: BB ID denied, offline mode?

Yes, you need internet. Can you connect it to wifi?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

[ Edited ]

thanks for your answer.

I'm not sure how to connect to wifi when I can't even pass the stage of entering the BBID?

Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2243; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Have you tried it without Internet with the old password?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

unfortunately, I can't remember the old password
Guru I

If the device can't connect to the Internet there is no way for it to know that the password changed. You'll have to wipe all the data and start over.

so if I wipe the data and start over... will I still need internet or does it work without then?
Guru I

You should be fine without Internet.
Guru I

See if you can make a backup first just to be safe.

thanks alot for your help!! :smileyhappy: