Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: BB9900
My Carrier: Sun

Re: BB ID problem when changing sim card on bold 9900

Whats your OS on your BB9900 when you made the emergency call?

BB seem to have accepted my password but "initializing sim card" never seem to end. Smiley Sad

New Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

I won't be in Manila until Thirsday. If wipe doesn't work for me, a friend suggested I delete all the service books, remove battery, insert sim, boot up then login BBID. He said all the service books will come then and reconfigure based on the new sim card I have. Ofd course it has to a sim with data plan. If this doesn;t work, I have my Playbook. Just have to look for a McDonalds for free wifi.
Contributor
My Carrier: Singtel

Could your "initialising SIM card" be due to the following?

1. you have a SIM locked handset

2. you might have a non-GSM SIM card?

My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: mom

I need sombody to help me with this. I change the sim on BB 9900 and then it said i have to sign in to BB ID. Then, when I type it correctly it said my user name or password wrong. So I sign in in blackberry.com/appworld, but I can sign in in the website. I dont know what problem happen with this. Please HELP me.

New Contributor
My Carrier: Telstra

Time to throw this phone away and get one that actually does not give you grieve and has a lot more functionality.... I have gone to Android. No problems there...

Contributor
My Carrier: Singtel

Prosche7541

The main problem is... that you did not read the first 8 pages of this thread.

But to fast track you, basically the problem lies in your phone not connected to the internet when logging in. For more details read the first 8 pages of the thread.

Visitor
My Carrier: Boharaj

Re: BB ID problem when changing Sim card on bold 9900

[ Edited ]

I'm having big problem with my BB novel's changed my sim and asked for my BB id,after so many tries my Id is not accepted.So I just planned on choosing the choice "wipe data" since its the first time i'm using BB.Then as usual all my data is gone.But all  went smoothly where I can make calls and retrieve my sim contacts except I can't access my BB to the internet.Eventhough I had connected to a wifi connection,I tried to open my BB ID or BB App World or try to access internet trough wifi or to retrieve my email,it wont work like it should before I "wipe data".What should I do now? It's really frustrating for my new hp to turn out like this.What should i do? Does BB have backup software that I can download to recover my BB back?

=0,0=

Actually Prosche7541 is right!!.... i am done with my bold 9900 too... for people who needs travel and change SIM card frequently the blackberry is the worst telephone......i  am tired of this headache .... WHY you need to find a free internet access, log in first and them change your SIM card?? i want change it and star use my phone because i need it (is not easy find free internet when you traveling).....i already move to ANDROID and its perfect, easy and you can change SIM WITOUT any traumatized procedure...

Prosche you will read all the pages and stillyou will be having same problems, COME ONE RIM let people chnage his SIM card as they want, ok you need use your "PASWORD" but when you use it and it dont works thats no good that all..

P.S: Sorry about my english i hope at least you could understood what i mean, and i also fell sorry about need to quit my bold 9900 cuz uf this lame problems changiing sim cards....(also you need to work on VIber, and skype because everyone want to use them) 

Highlighted

Re: BB ID problem when changing Sim card on bold 9900

Dude is not going to be an easy job, if you cannot find a free internet and log in your phone before try to change the sim card it’s going to be IMPOSSIBLE change it….....it´s Frustrating isn’t it? read my post below (if you can understand it)
My Device: BB 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

I am having the same issue and the device does not need to be unlocked. I am using a new SIM, however this SIM card is provisioned on my account, however I am unable to get past this screen where I need to sign in or wipe my device. When I attempt to login, it just freezes and gets stuck on this screen. I am certain my SIM card is provisioned appropriately as I am receiving calls and have service on the device, but I can't get past this screen and actually use the device. Please help asap as this is an enterprise device. Thanks.