Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
Littlebad
My Device: Bold 9900

BB ID problem when changing sim card on bold 9900

I have a problem when changing simcard in my BB 9900, after you change its insist to have u sign in into the BB ID. Or the bb will wipe out all the data in the device, and actually i find it's so annoying because for someone who like travelling around from one country to another for business or just make a trip and everytime i arrive in another country i need to reinvite all my bbm contacts, or use the same card which is pay will be high.Because when not sign in, i cant use my bb at all, and its only allowed to make a emergency call. I want blackberry understand if not every country have the bis applied directly in the sim card, and will active only on few hours. some may take more than 3 days!! I really need help, if someone know how to skip that BB id sign in when changing the simcard please tell...Or i hope BB will update and remove the sign in when changing sim card...

Regular Contributor
harrystep
My Device: Bold 9870

Re: BB ID problem when changing sim card on bold 9900

When you chnage SIM cards on your Blackberry you need to know that if there is SIM lock activated on your device it won't get signal.

If you are using a Blackberry that is unlocked for GSM it can work with other SIM cards on the GSM network for calls / SMS, the phone number will be the one of the sim card you are using.

you can read more information about here: Blackberry Unlocking FAQ

New Contributor
Littlebad

For harry, im already checked that my Blackberry SIM lock is deactivated or unlock...
The main problem is if i didnt sign in into the BB id in the bold 9900 the software wont let me go through to access the phone unless i wipe all the data, and since my phone quiet new i just try it and its work...After i wipe all the data i can use the phone (such as make a phone call, sms) with the new simcard...And another problem is not all my other simcard applied to bis right??like when i'm make an experiment using my other simcard that doesn't have BIS, which mean i cant sign into my BB id and i forced to wipe my own phone data just to make a call or sms...Thats is annoying for someone that travel to another country a lot...Thats is a big DISADVANTAGES for traveller...I hope someone can help me to solve this problem, or tell me how to pass trough the BB id Sign in when u changing into a new simcard...

Thx
Regular Contributor
harrystep
My Device: Bold 9870

I think that you are talking about the remote password you can set on the device using your BIS.

Well, i think that this problem is not only your - the solution i know for that i just to avoide using this password if you are going to leave the country (network operetor areas), the problem far as i know is that the info stored on a cloud that served by the BIS on your carrier, when you can't get the connection all keys won't work - including the one that you have used to lock the device. 

mbk
New Contributor
mbk
My Device: 9900 Bold

I have the exact same problem and have been forced to wipe all my data ones. I think this is the worst function ive ever seen on a phone. Did you solve the problem??

mbk
New Contributor
mbk
My Device: 9900 Bold

When changing the simcard yu have to login with your blackberry id before you simcard activates. So you cant connect to any network to login. I think this is a bug and we need a solution because this is a serious problem!!
Contributor
18pcs
My Device: BOLD 9900

THIS IS A VERY VERY BIG PROBLEM. FOR SOMEONE WHO TRAVELS AND HAS TO CHANGE SIM CARDS FREQUENTLY, THIS JUST DOESNT WORK. I AM CONSIDERING DOWNGRADING MY BB9900 TO A 9780 JUST BECAUSE OF THIS PROBLEM. PLEASE BLACKBERRY WAKE UP OR YOUR NEW DEVICES WITH OS 7 WILL NOT BE USED BY FREQUENT TRAVELLERS. JUST THIS MORNING I WASTRAVELLING AND AFTER ARRIVING AT A NEW DESTINATION HAD TO WIPE MY DEVICE (4TH TIME SINCE I BOUGHT IT). AND MY LAPTOP BATTERY WAS DRAINED SO COULD NOT RESTORE THE BACKUP AND HAD TO WAIT SEVERAL HOURS BEFORE I COULD GET TO MY HOTEL ROOM TO CHARGE MY LAPTOP FIRST AND THEN BACKUP THE 9900. FOR TRAVEL I THINK THE BEST BB IS THE 9780, NO HASSLES.

New Contributor
Littlebad

Yea i agree, first of all...Hmm...Until today i still havent got any solution so far...I dunno its the best or the worst function, but its kinda big disadvantages...And not use at all if the BB maker concern just for protecting our data, because for what we got double protection...Since we have already in front like security password, and now we have AGAIN when we changing the **bleep** SIMCARD...

New Contributor
Littlebad

Oh wow u did wipe all ur data 4th time??That kinda sux if u have re-invite all ur BBM friends 4th time...And that's annoying to our self as owner, and to our friends, because when re-invite they will have our name double in BBM...
New Contributor
Littlebad

Harry-- No no...I think its not a remote password, its a new protection or what ever BB called it which is most of us traveler found its no use at all, its appear on BB with OS7 which is when u changing your simcard, they force u to sign in into your BB ID, and if u cant sign in its only got 2 option...

Which is either u change back into your old simcard, and sign in...Or u wipe all your data and then you can starts using your phone like new, which is no data at all...And you need to do restore, bla2 and reinvite all your bbm contact...just for changing simcard when u go to another country for a few day?!And We think its not nice at all because all the data got wipe out...