Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
lsrshoot
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Telstra

Re: BB ID problem when changing sim card on bold 9900

I'm sure you are right! But my point is that I do not want to do that... I want to use my phone in its full functionality and not be bound by "workarounds". App store is there to be used, not to be avoided.

If this is the case, I'll sell my phone and steer away from BB.

Hope it makes sense.... Why settle for less than what you bargained for? Unacceptable in my book!

Please use plain text.
kelly11
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: kelly saunders

I am unable to acess my app world or bb protect. When I put my email and password in it just keeps comin up unable. I keep gettin messages to load my bb protection
Please use plain text.
Visitor
boroughguy
My Device: Torch 9810

I've had the same problem with the Torch 9810. However, you CAN still backup the device (switch it on but DON'T put your device password in, connect via USB to your computer and backup everything from there; do that before you get the BB ID screen).

That way luckily I only lost some word substitution which didn't back up. It took a long time and I panicked that I'd have to start from square 1.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
18pcs
My Device: BOLD 9900
My Carrier: ORANGE

I guess all phones with OS 7 have the same problem. The rule is Keep your devices backed up regularly, you never know when you may need to wipe them. I am now backing up my OS7 devices daily !

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
uav1869
My Carrier: Airtel

Ok so i got this problem sorted on my Bold 9900. I was in a new country where i put a new prepaid sim. Blackberry would not proceed beyond the BB ID page.

I did the following:
-Make emergency call.
-while it was dialing the call i disconnected it. - this activated the network and data services on my phone. I started receiving the pending emails and bbm msgs.
-when i disconnected the emergency call it took back to the BB ID page.
-I then entered the password and it worked.

Did this on 2 different devices and it worked !!!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
uav1869

check my response on page 3 of this topic. I found the solution ! did a quick post there bymistake. didnt want to type the whole thing again so just sending you a quick msg. Hope it works for u as well. cheers.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
18pcs

That would be fine if you have data services active on your prepaid card. What happens if you do not have the Data services active as yet and were planning to do so on landing in the new country ?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
lsrshoot
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Telstra

WHY DOESN'T SOMEONE FROM BLACKBERRY COMES TO THE FORUM TO SHED SOME LIGHT ON THIS IMPORTANT ISSUE??? COME ON!!!!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
18pcs

Last night I travelled from Dubai UAE to Mumbai India. On landing at Mumbai airport same problem, the tel asked for BB password. I tried calling 112 and 911 , the phone went into Emergency Dialling mode and when I disconnected, there was no change, the problem persisited. Probably the Emergency numbers service is not active in India, however since I had already entered the email ID , I had no option but to reach home and wipe the device.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
uav1869

i tried this in australia and it worked. the prepaid sim i bot had the data services active.

i guess if ur data services are not active, then this trick wont work. calling the emergency number basically got my phone (temporarily) off the BB ID screen which let the network get active and start receiving all pending msgs.

once the data services were active, the BB ID was accepted.

so i guess the problem is that u need data services to sign into ur BB ID. since its a new sim, and data services are not active as yet theres nothing that can be done !!!!

Blackberry better get his sorted soon.

meanwhile for everyone else purchasing sims around the world with data services active, this trick should work.
Please use plain text.