Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
iefan88
My Device: 9810

Re: BB ID problem when changing sim card on bold 9900

Lucky to you Mahukka..

I think RIM should come out with the solution for this...

I never experience any like this issue in OS 6. I think impossible to me not log onto Blackberry App world or not enter email address anywhere. I will just try to wipe and backup this time, but i don't know how many time I can handle this, if this issue not fix, I think I'll change my phone back to OS 6 (better lag than worries everytime) cause I travel a lots..arghh just begin to like the speed in 8910...

Just weird...when the phone just on to do everythings like normal, this BB ID keep blocking and keep no recogninzing the password, so what is the protection is all about? don't understand...

Do the latest OS 7 version fix this issue?

New Contributor
iefan88
My Device: 9810

Solve mine...yesterday

I just connect to BB desktop planning to do backup wipe recover, but after backup i try to log in and my passwrod works fine...weird but releive at last...tq

DeanCummings8
My Device: Bold 9900

this may just be me, but for a long time i had this problem, just to eventually (luckily on the 9th chance) that my sim card was in the wrong way round. hope this helps some people :smileyhappy:

New Contributor
slo722
My Device: bold 9900

same thing to me!!! keeps on telling me the pw is wrong, while its right if i put the old sim back

Contributor
chrisleekl
My Device: Curve 9360

[ Edited ]

Dear uav1869

Your emergency call method works :smileyhappy:. However, it is not 100% solved. Having said that, it is definitely a great relieve to be able to go around it.

I have also found out the cause of the problem: Apps - Blackberry protect.
Trying to uninstall it but it prompts me for my blackberry id and password - same blue screen.

I'm too afraid to attempt one more time because it is the 9th times already.
I am afraid it won't recognise my attempt for the 10th times and wipe my datas.

How can I go around it to uninstall the app?
Will really appreciate some help here.

New Contributor
mahukka
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900

Chrisleekl, Unfortunately your safest bet would be to wipe the device. You can attempt any of the remedys above but it may result in your device being wiped.

I can't really pinpoint the solution because my Blackberry 9900 (Australian Vodafone model) does not require BIS nor does it require an active data plan to recognize my password and unlock the device even when the sim card is changed. I'm not sure why this is the case but I've tried multiple simcards even when Blackberry Protect is installed. I get prompted for a passowrd (even with an inactive sim). I then enter my password and voila. It works fine. I only need an active data plan and BIS to relog into Blackberry Protect.

Perhaps Vodafone Australia 9900s have updated or modified software?
Contributor
iperks2
My Device: 9900

Just to let you guys know there is a similar thread about the same problem.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Bold/BB-ID-problem-on-Bold-9900/m-p/1442697#M97223

if you notice message number 43 has a link to the solution but it has since be deleted (Censorship?)

This is my FIRST blackberry and this problem on top of un-renewable Service books (causing missing "Send" email option) gave me lots of dissapointed.

I wanted to sell the device but i have to take in about 40% loss so decided keeping it and bought an Android instead and the Push function work as well.... feels liberating.

New Contributor
mahukka
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900

"This is my FIRST blackberry and this problem on top of un-renewable Service books (causing missing "Send" email option) gave me lots of dissapointed."

Did you attempt to delete the service book and then re-register the Host Routing Table to resend the service books? Or a Master reset to automatically force a refresh?

Contributor
iperks2
My Device: 9900

i just realised i made a typo "dissapointed" instead of "dissapointment" :smileytongue:

Yes, i attempted everything found in the Forums and BB's website.

The only thing i stopped short is a Master Reset (or Security Wipe) because i really think its stupid to do that.

The 2nd country telco (the country which does not work) blames me for switching SIM card too often and not being helpful other than asking me to do a security wipe. I actually read in other threads that this problem is Telco-side and they need to reset their server pertaining to my Service Books to clear cache.

Contributor
chrisleekl
My Device: Curve 9360

Dear Mahukka,

Thanks for your reply. Sorry for the delay because I am travelling.

Problem actually solved and this is how.

Though I was on my 9th attempt, figured I actually have 10 more attempts to ensure I'm connected and my username is correct. 

I went to "Forgot my password" and type in my username and "Security Question". If they can recognise the username, meaning you are safe to try to key in your blackberryid.  

If they can't recognise anything, meaning don't waste your time and attempt.

Hope this help the rest!