Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
hartford
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: EE

BB Voice

[ Edited ]

Hi

I'm just trying to get started with BBM Voice. BB Messenger v7.0.0.126 is installed. Wi-fi is connected.

When I go into each Contact to send a message I expect to see a BBM Voice icon - grey or green etc but I see no icon. What trick have I missed please. 

Many thanks

John

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Ronbob
My Device: Playbook 2.1/ Torch9860 OS7.1.0.746
My Carrier: Globe

Re: BB Voice

Hello hartford

Welcome to the Community

Sorry for the confusion that this has caused you. There's no problem with your phone. BBM Voice is only available to Blackberry phones OS6 and above. You might have found a contact who uses an older version.

Ron

...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up :smileyhappy:

Blackberry Battery Saving Tips | Follow me on Twitter

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
hartford

Hi Bob and thanks for the quick reply. I should have said in my post I'm using the Version 7.1 OS. I wonder if I should delete the BBM App and reinstall.

John
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Ronbob

No need to do anything with your phone. If a contact does not have the phone icon for BBM Voice, that means they haven't updated yet or BBM Voice is not compatible with their phone's OS.

Ron

...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
hartford

Hi Bob thanks for the further response.

I'm sure the person I'm testing it with has the 7.0 OS but he's not in a wifi area at present. I was expecting to see a grey icon for him and the other BB contacts who don't meet both the OS and wifi criteria. Am I right? 

Its a pity that RIM don't have the equivalent of Skype's Echo for us to test BBM Voice. With the few BB friends who are really keen that I have, I've no way yet of testing this. But you have to be crazy to do this on Christmas Eve!

Best wishes for from London.

John

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Ronbob

If your friend has OS7, his BBM may not have been updated to BBM7 yet.

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Please use plain text.