Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: BB adding extra periods & spaces

I have had that same problem for months and it is quite annoying. I have a Blackberry Bold 9900 and after reading these posts, I decided to change the keyboard rate from "Normal" (which would be the "Medium" in my phone) to "Medium-Fast". I went to the BB Messenger and started typing to test it and so far, it has not happened again, which made me happy. I will keep testing it but so far it seems to have solved the problem with the unwanted double-space entered when pressing the spacebar, which changed for a dot and capitalizing the next word, I hope this may work for some of you as well, good luck!

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

This is happening to me now with my Bold 9930.  Did you ever get a solution?

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: telus

Im having a similar problem on my BBQ 10 where it will add a period in the middle of texting usually when I hit the space bar. I have removed the battery and done the reboot. I have updated the os and done a complete re install still I have this very irritating problem. I am constantly having to retype text to delete periods and capital letters that i didnt put there.

ANy new ideas for resolving this would be helpful. Not much help comiong from BlackBerry.

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: telus

This was a good key. I found under settings/language and input/Prediction and correction/period shortcut.
This was turned on and I turned it off. I suspect that will stop the period from inserting itself. I just need to send some text to verify. Thanks for the clue.