Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
bhaity2012
My Device: bold 9780
My Carrier: reliance

BB bold 9780 charging problem

hiii

i had purchased BB Bold 9780 through ebay.com

but the mobile takes too long hrs to charge.

first it took 24 hrs to 100% charge and after dat how much i charge does not take charge, maximum 80% after 20 hrs of charging, now a msg comes that it can't take charge.

Please let me know the solution.

bhaity
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: BB bold 9780 charging problem

Hello bhaity2012

Welcome to BlaclBerry Support Community Forums

Our BlackBerry Battery are lithium ion Battery  it would hardly take 3 to 4 hrs to reach 100% .But as you said in your case its taking too much time is it a used device that you buy from ebay ? If possible Update or Reload your device Software to rule out any software issue because it should not take such time as you mentioned.

Reloading your device software can fix this problem unless if there is no hardware issue.Look at this KB on how to reload your device software but before that please perform your device backup using BlackBerry Desktop Software.

KB12487  :How to back up BlackBerry smartphone data using BlackBerry Desktop Software for Windows

Then :

KB11320 : How to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device software using BlackBerry desktop software for windows

So please try it and let us know the results.

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bhaity2012

hiii thanx a lot for ur rply. i had purchased Brand new BB Bold, when i contact the seller they had send me a new battery and charger,its on d way to reach me.

the item is made in maxico.

Is it may be due to battery  or else, OS6 is in my BB.

bhaity
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hello bhaity 2012

Its good if you had ordered a new Battery and a charger ,Sometime a faulty charger may also lead to such kinds of problem. Right now are you using a genuine charger or generic  charger and also charge it through wall socket .

On your PM you told me that you are from India but by friend I have seen cases where Redington India does not offer services if device is brought from other country and you had brought it from ebey in your case you don't have a vaild BlackBerry warranty .

So you can try to take a Clean Reload of your device Software and see if that help .But yes if you are not using a genuine BlackBerry charger then it may also be the cause.

Prince

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bhaity2012

hello Prince,

thanx for ur rpl.

yeah i know dat item bought from Ebay dnt hv BB india warrenty but if in case of any problem i can visit my nearby BB service centre.

let m  check wid new battery and charger.

currently using genuin both the item.

thanx

bhaity
Please use plain text.