Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

socorroAC
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: TMobile
Accepted Solution

BB desktop program error occurred in line 1548 in.\OIAccess.ccp

ok, I am trying to sync my phone with my computer and keep getting this message 'A program error occurred at line 1548 in .\OIAccess.ccp. Please report this error by sending a log to technical support'

now BB doesn't have technical support - at least I can't find it on the website - so I am wondering if this has something to do with windows 8 since I just had a major issue with that... anyone has encounter the same error?

one additional note, I downloaded the BB software for PC 7.1 but the BB desktop installed it says is 6.0 bundle 3049

Ah! and already tried repair, uninstalled and reinstalled and still the same error on sync.

thanks!

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: BB desktop program error occurred in line 1548 in.\OIAccess.ccp

Hi socorroAC,

It sounds to me like you've got a registry line error happening that is telling the Desktop Software to search for something it no longer has access too. Do you have access to a registry cleaner such as Registry Mechanic? Some Internet Security packages also offer this functionality. What I would recommend is uninstalling the Desktop Software using the method described in the following link:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB02206

Once that's done, reboot your computer, then run the registry cleaner. Next, reboot your computer once more, then redownload and reinstall the BlackBerry Desktop Software again from http://blackberry.com/desktop.

Hopefully that will help get you back up and running.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
socorroAC
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: TMobile

Thanks! this worked... didn't have to use the registry cleanup just the uninstall method, restart of computer and redownload of installation program

thanks again!

S

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Awesome! Glad to hear that worked then!

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
XOGM
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: O2

My Blackberry 9900 gives me the same error at line 1572.

Have already tried uninstalling the BB Desktop Software, rebooting and re installing, 7.1 Bundle 2061.

Stil no Synch.

Any help gratefully received.

Please help an ignorant, non IT savvy, self employed businessman
Please use plain text.