Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
Hilblack
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: RIM
Accepted Solution

BB desktopmanager problem installing email synchronizing

I have installed the software v5.0.1

then I click synchronizing

I can't tick the option synchronizing email messages. this has a grey block in front of the option,

what should I do?

thanks, JS

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: BB desktopmanager problem installing email synchronizing

Hello,

You get to choose just one method of synchronizing email -- if you are receiving your email OTA, then you cannot use DTM to further synchronize it. What happens OTA will be governed by this KB.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Hilblack
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: RIM

dear sdgardne,

thank you for taking the time to post a reaction.

I am still a bit lost. Does OTA mean wireless? and if so how should I then do synchronising. I thought that wireless email and synchronising was the core of BB solution. am I misunderstanding?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hello,

OTA = Over The Air

If you are receiving your email OTA, then you cannot also reconcile it via USB tether and DTM..hence it's being greyed out. How email therefore reconciles/synchronizes (against the email server) will be governed by the KB I linked above. You must USB/DTM to synch your Contacts, Calendar, etc. as they do not synchronize OTA (unless you are on Enterprise BES).

Best!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.