Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Orange UK

BB insists my email password is wrong when it definitely isn't. HELP

PLEASE HELP ME.

I've been banging my head against the wall for three days....

I have a blackberry bold 9900. When I got it 6 months ago I set up my emails from my personal domain name easily. So easily it left me in shock. But on Wednesday I got a replacement handset and the new handset will not accept my email password.

I went to set up the email the same as last time but, for some reason this is just not working on my phone. It worked perfectly on the previous handset (same model) but when setting up this time Blackberry insists that my password is wrong when I can say with all confidence that it's right, I've checked on my website a thousand times, I also have it on Thunderbird on my desktop and know the password is right!

Orange reckon it's a problem with the Blackberry's presets and them not recognizing the 'security certificates' because my email address is one thing but the grid server address is something else.

I've tried changing my password just in case the blackberry doesn't like symbols in passwords. I've tried setting it up on the web, orange have tried through their system and I've tried on my handset. My personal domain is hosted by Media Temple Grid Service.

The phone came with 7.1.0 bundle 1149.

I would really appreciate some help. I've been banging my head against the wall for three days on the phone to Orange's technical department who have no answers.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2252; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: BB insists my email password is wrong when it definitely isn't. HELP

Have you logged into BBID on the new device?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

Yes I have and that's all fine.

Highlighted
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2252; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

[ Edited ]

The official support for your device is through your carrier. If they can't solve the problem they are supposed to escalate your case to RIM. It doesn't cost them or you anything but they never seem to want to do it. I'd ring them up again and tell them you'd like to be escalated to RIM. You may have to press them on it but you pay for the service.

While you do that maybe someone else will come through with another idea I haven't thought of.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

Thanks for your support!

I just happen to have sent an email to the guy I've been dealing with at Orange asking for that very thing!

Fingers crossed someone has some answers for me.

Contributor

We put in a support request with Media Temple (my email service provider) and it's not any problem on their side. Orange have raised the issue with RIM at last as it's definitely a problem on their side. It's a bit too techy for me to explain well but my take on it is that since I switched handsets Blackberry's system has changed and it fails to correctly recognize the right security certificates for my type of email provider.

Orange only started to take me seriously when one of them tried setting my email address up on an iphone and it worked instantly. The problem is definitely with RIM and it's been a week without any progress since the matter was raised with them.

I don't want to switch to Android or Iphone but if this isn't resolved by next week I'm going to have to. I just wish one of blackberry's team would see my forum post!

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I had exactly this on a Bold 9700. I reloaded it in the end, and it triggered a message saying that it was configured on another device, did I want to move it to this one....

It worked perfectly after I said yes.

I didn't see the message when I first tried to configure it.

BBSAK to wipe the device then, and a copy of the software relevant to your provider required.

Best of luck

Ian

Contributor

I've already been there. Reloaded. Already moved my Blackberry ID to this handset from the last.

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Orange

I have had the same problem for over a week now after simply updating the device software. Do you use Media Temple? There are several mediatemple users facing the same problem after reinstalling or changing a device. There is something with the gridserver configuration that may be doing this. If you find a solution, kindly share. Good luck.

Contributor

I havent time to reply just now but This evening I'll give you the full story of what i know so far. The problem is with changes with Blackberry as far as I know.