Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
pcakes851
My Device: Bold
My Carrier: ATT

BB messenger stop working

BB Msgr not sending or receiving msgs since I changed SIM cards and continents (Bali, Indonesia to California). What can I do . . . probably something very simple.

Please use plain text.
Developer
josuefunes
My Device: Bold 9700, 9790, 9900, Curve 8520, 9360, Blackberry Z10 | iPhone 5S
My Carrier: *

Re: BB messenger stop working

Hi pcakes851,

Have you performed an OTA software update on your BlackBerry ? If update crashed or interrupted then you should try an OS reload using Desktop Software which will fix any software glitches .

Meanwhile , first try those steps in the same sequence :

1- Register your Handheld .

• KB00510 : How to register a BlackBerry smartphone with the wireless network
  • Wait till a Registration messages comes in your message box.

2- Resend your Service Book

• KB02830 : Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service
  • ( Wait till a Registration Message comes in your message box for each email that you have configured on your device )

3-  Then perform a battery pull restart like this while the device is powered On remove your battery wait for a min. then reinsert it back

Good luck.

VIA | Elite II

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Bold/email-setup/m-p/2594583/highlight/true#M15664...

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Please thank those who help you by clicking the original button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
pcakes851

1. no special performance was applied recently other than changing the SIM card.
  2. I have no idea how to do what you instructed but I'll copy your reply and take it to someone who might understand.
  3. Also there is no data package yet on this phone so I can't connect with the internet or email.
  4. Thanks for trying.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
BexK
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: EE

I am having problems with my blackberry messenger, messages seem to be sending (they have a tick next to them) but are taking hours to show that they are delivered and replies take hours to come through as well. I then have short phases where I receive a reply and can reply to that message but if I try to reply to the next one the same thing happens. I've tried the battery pull several times and nothing has worked! Help me!!!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
pcakes851

1. sorry i sent multiple messages. I don't quite understand yet how this support forum works.

2. i spent 4 hours at ATT yesterday and resulted in this understanding, which the ATT personell retreived from BB support and ATT 'go phone' support. 

3. If an international traveler such as myself, changes the other country SIM card to an ATT 'pay as you go' SIM, then all data is blocked by ATT, including BBM msgr. phone and text are supported.

4. I was advised to go to T mobile.

5. Any ideas? 

Please use plain text.