Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
ericcp
My Device: Bold 9900

BB service does not work Bold 9900

Hi,

I have already some time no BlackBerry Service.  I only can receive mail when I use WIFI.

I have contacted my provider for support, but they say everything is ok on their check list.  They have tried to resend the service books, but I cannot receive them, despite the fact I have internet connection.

I have 'edge' instead of 'EDGE' or '3G' instead of '3G with Blackberry icon'.

Finally I did a swipe, but even this did not work.

Finally they told me there can only be a technical problem with my device, so I have to send it for repair.

Can someone confirm this, or give me a new suggestion.

Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Re: BB service does not work Bold 9900

Try resending the service books yourself. Follow the instructions in this article:

www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB15402 .

Let us know if that helps you.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Elite II
BillJ

One more suggestion for you.

If resending the service books doesn't work, ask your carrier if you can trade your SIM card for a new one.

Cheers.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor
ericcp

I tried, but it did not work.  I also just found out that I even cannot get into my Blackberry ID on my phone.

Eric

Elite II
BillJ

If resending the service books doesn't work and doing a complete security wipe didn't work, I think it's time to contact your carrier and ask about getting warranty work done, either a repair or a replacement.

I still say try swapping SIM cards but if that doesn't help, get warranty work done.

Cheers.  :smileyhappy:

New Contributor
ericcp

I swapped the SIM card, but no result...

Because I have no warranty anymore, I suppose a new devce will be the best.

Strange: when I did a wipe, the content of the HRT-editor has been gone, and I cannot get it back (probably because my device is broke?)