Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
kinloch39
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

BB9000 recovering memopad files

My 9000 seems to have finally given up, but only with the operation of the push selection on the thumbwheel..I can move sideways and up and down but cannot select anything.  I can connect to my pc and see all the folders.  I hve used BB Desktop to backup my files but only see a .cab and .ipd files in the backup folder.  Can someone tell me how to recover the notes I have in the MemoPad?  I would really appreciate it.

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: BB9000 recovering memopad files

Hi kinlock39,

Your notes have been backed up as a part of the .ipd file. If you swap to a new BlackBerry, you will be able to restore them no problem. Alternately, you should be able to sync them with Microsoft Outlook if you have it installed on your computer.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

in addition to Krypto's reply, there are solutions to extract information from the IPD files using a Windows PC. Check this recent post by JSanders:
http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Bold/Contact-Restore/m-p/2075759#M138465

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
kinloch39

i don't want you to think that I am ignoring your helpful replies.  I have tried two so far.  #1 gives an error message saying that 1 cell in the required DST file is incorrect format but it is the same as all the others!  I have emailed the author to see if there is a fix.  I did download #3 but it will not open.  I have emailed them also.  Still ahve to try #2 and also Xandrex's link.  Thanks for your help.  I will confirm if I am succesful.  

Please use plain text.
Contributor
kinloch39

the second option, Mena Step worked for me and recovered all my memos.  I have to reformat in some cases and cut and paste but whew! compared to losing them - priceless.  thanks so much.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
kinloch39

I received a very helpful reply from IPDParse and using v 2.2.10 it ran perfectly and produced an .xls file which required no reformatting of my memos.  they also have a method for .bbb files, which the lates Blackberry Desktop produces.

Very good solution.

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Awesome! Thanks for the update and I'm glad you managed to get an acceptable solution!

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.