Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
chung299
My Device: Bold 9700

BB9700 restart when going to Upgrade view in Apps World.

Hi,

Everytime I go to Apps World --> My World --> Upgrade, my BB9700 restarts.

Does anyone meet this problem before? Can you pls help me?

Tks

Chung

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: BB9700 restart when going to Upgrade view in Apps World.

Hello!!

Please try this sequence:

1) Remove AppWorld from your BB

• KB10040 How to view or remove installed applications on a BlackBerry smartphone
  • If it requests that you reboot the BB, do so

2) Do a Batt-Pull reboot (power on, remove battery, wait, insert battery, wait), even if redundant to the one you did in step 1.

3) Install (on your BB) a fresh copy of AppWorld

4) Do another Batt-Pull reboot

5) See if it now works.

Cheers!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
chung299

Hi Sdgardne,

Sorry for late reply and thanks for your instruction. Unfortunately, it does not work though I tried to do it several times already.

My BB OS is 5.0.0.405 ( platform 5.1.0.112) and BB Apps World version is 4.0.0.63

Thanks.

Chung

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Hello again,

Please clarify...your initial report stated that your BB rebooted every time you attempted to upgrade AppWorld. Now, you say "it does not work"...and I cannot determine if you mean that the process I gave you did not go as documented or if perhaps your BB continues to reboot under some circumstances. Please provide details so that we may understand your present situation and symptoms.

Thanks and let us know!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
chung299

Hi,

I mean I followed your instruction but it does not solve my issue. Still my BB restarts everytime I go  to Upgrade view in Apps World.

Sorry for this confusion.

Chung.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Hmmm...OK, maybe some 3rd party app is causing this...to diagnose, I recommend that you attempt to boot into Safe Mode:

• KB17877 How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode

It may take you multiple attempts to get the ESC key sequence (press/release/hold) correct, so be patient. When successfully into Safe Mode, if the behavior ceases, then think carefully...what happened just before this behavior started? A new app? An update? A Theme? Something else? Think carefully as the smallest change could be causal...and attempt to undo whatever that was.

If the behavior continues in Safe Mode, then it may be that you have OS level corruption, and a clean reload would be needed. When you provide the results of this diagnosis, we can provide the next steps.

Good luck and let us know!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates