Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

BB9900 7.1 OS from AT&T - Major problem, please help

I downloaded the OTA download of OS7.1 from AT&T yesterday evening on my Bold 9900.

Version 7.1.0 Bundle 1997

Priority Low

Size: 48.4MB

At 9p.m. last night I started the install process.  As of 3 a.m. this morning, it was sitting @ 52% overall backup progress on "Social Feeds".   At 4 a.m., it remained the same.  I did a battery pull, and upon reboot it returns to the Backing up Your Data process at 7% overall backup progress on Social Feeds.

Its been stuck at that spot since.

How do I stop/cancel this and recover my phone?!

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: BB9900 7.1 OS from AT&T - Major problem, please help

Hi mle724 

Welcome to the Community

(Credit JSanders)

There are two methods of recovery for you to try:

One:

• Open Blackberry Desktop Software & Connect your device with PC using USB cable, without inserting battery.
  • You will get three option Retry, Update Or Cancel, then click on update.
  • Once it is to the stage of the update "initializing handheld", then insert battery.
  • If this does not work, and you remain stuck on the backing up the Social Feeds database, go to the second method below.

Secondly:

• Start your BlackBerry in Safe mode.  Article ID: KB17877 How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Modehttp://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB17877
  • Connect to the BlackBerry Desktop Software and allow your handheld to connect. If you are prompted to upgrade, cancel the upgrade for later.
  • IF you cannot connect or your Desktop Software does not recognize your device while in Safe Mode, please follow the directions here to force the detect:  Article ID: KB10144 How to force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader
  • Go to Device > delete > SELECT DATA > select to delete both the Social Feeds and Smart Card databases, and follow the remaining prompts to complete it. 
  • Now, you can return and click to upgrade the device through the Desktop Manager, or reboot the BlackBerry in normal mode and continue the over the air upgrade.

I hope it will help to recover your BlackBerry.

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.