Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Visitor
My Device: BB9900

BB9900 BOLD Audio problem ,Ringtone, Earpiece and Microphone Problem

I have BB9900 Bold just few days before purchase, but suddenly I found some problem in my device Ringtone, Earpiece and Microphone is not working if try to call and check but same, after I remove the battery and re enter is working fine 2 days only. Now again same problem please advice me what can I do.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: BB9900 BOLD Audio problem ,Ringtone, Earpiece and Microphone Problem

Hi Rafiuddin

I would recommend plugging your BlackBerry into your PC and going to www.blackberry.com/update to ensure you have the latest version of handheld software installed.

Thanks

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

My Device: blackberry bold 9900

hi,

had tried updating the software but there are no updates available and dnt know what is the problem with blackberry, as no solution is been given.

thanks

Dhaval Ved

New Contributor
My Device: 9900

I am havin the same problem don't know what to do plz help
My Device: Bold 9900

im having the same problem,after a few hours the audio on my bold 9900 trips off until i do a battery pull and its just 3 days old...help needed
New Contributor
My Device: bold 9900

I am having this problem with my 9900 as well. I have done a clean install of the  7.0.0.503 os software and the phone worked perfectly for a day but the problem returned the second day. 

Can RIM please give us a solution to this problem. Its a terrible dissapointment when 'the best blackberry till date' has such fundamental problems.

Please help and keep us close...

Thanks

Truskool

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900

I, too, have been having issues with audio not working after a variable period.  Ringer, alerts, notifications, etc. simply stop working until I do a battery pull.  I have tried upgrading via AT&T updates - no updates.  I have also done several full wipes and installed a couple of test OS' to see if they would fix.  7.0.0.503 (Nope); 7.0.0.540 (Nope). 

NOTE:  The problem still comes back - it appears to do so after I have chosen the "Silent" profile. 

I am still within my 30 days so I guess I could still swap it for a new one.  But this issue is really bugging me as I don't know if it is actually a hardware failure, firmware, or software? 

RIM, please help!!!

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900

Hi, I've been having the same ringtone/notification problem as well. im currently using 7.0.0.540

I tried different software version. 7.0.0.503 and also previous version.

RIM please help, i dont think this is an hardware issue....

New Contributor
My Device: BOLD 9900

I have exactly the same problem! In my case I noticed this bug

switching to 7.0.0.439, I also tried the 7.0.0.440 and 474 and the
540, each time the same problem. the only versions that work
properly are the 296 and 353 ... I said that I tried with and
not wipe but nothing .. SFR France.

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900

Ok... the plot thickens!

I was still within my 30 days so I returned my phone on Saturday to fix the problems.  All was well the 1st 24 hours; however, this morning the issue returned?! On NEW hardware from AT&T? This must be a software issue. I did also see an error when I viewed the profiles that basically said "invalid ringtone" for all of my ringtones - until I did a battery pull.  I am using the default AT&T Blackberry Bold ringtones - so RIM, help us out!

Has anyone else tried replacing hardware to fix this issue?  Did it work? NOTE: I did not do a full restore from my old phone either - i ony migrated emails, contacts, and texts.