Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Visitor
Shaynezola
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Re: BB9900 BOLD Audio problem ,Ringtone, Earpiece and Microphone Problem

I have the same problem. My alarm on my Bold 9900 had no sound even though it was set at 10 on the volume and ended up sleeping in for work because of this problem. My ringtones don't work either. Took it back too Bell after only having the phone for 2 days. They did a battery pull which temporarly fixed the problem but for only 2 more days. Same thing happened, I lost all my audio (phone ringer, alarm and notifications). Not too good considering this is Blackberrys flagship smart phone. Better find a fix soon because we are not to happy.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sikandry
My Device: black berry bold-9900
My Carrier: warid telecom

I am having this problem with my 9900 as well. I have done a clean install of the  7.0.0.503 os software and the phone worked perfectly for a day but the problem returned the second day. 

Can RIM please give us a solution to this problem? I am really disappointed.

Please help and keep us close...

Thanks

Sikandry

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sham001
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: vodaphone

Changing device will not work. I changed 4. Its an OS issue which RIM needs to address. Being a corporate user I feel RIM is going down on the support level and needs to rewamp their service level managment team.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sikandry
My Device: black berry bold-9900
My Carrier: warid telecom

Can RIM hear us? Need urgent solution to this problem. The software issue of my BB9900 is **bleep** me badly. The ringer gets silent and ear piece gets mute two to three times a day now and every time it requires a battery pull out to restart. It is hurting the RIM reputation.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
rdpsfinest
My Carrier: Rogers

[ Edited ]

ok guys

just update your OS... I fixed this issue long ago for my self and for a bunch of friends.

im currently using 7.1.0.205. even the oldest 7.1 build will fix the issue.

edit: 7.1.0.267 is availabe

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mommy24
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Hi - my 9900 is using OS 7.0. when I look for an update, it says I am up to date already.
Please use plain text.
carmita
My Carrier: Vodafone

I received my BB as a gift less than a month ago and as of now I had repaired the microphone twice and today again I have the same problem, it becomes mute/silent. Has anybody experienced this? Ring tones work as normal, I haven't dowloaded app other than Blaxkberry Protect.

Can anybody advice?

Please use plain text.
BB_Drama
My Carrier: Base

Any solutions yet???

I am having the same problems and tired of it!!! I already missed 2 appointements because alarm sound wouldn't work...

I have done a software update and still the same problems. My BB is at shop now and they said to do a reset and install software again.

I am very disappointed :smileysad:. At least let us know if it is software or hardware related!!

Kindly advice or you will loose customers.....

Please use plain text.