Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
germed
My Device: 9780

Re: BB9900 CAMERA AUTO FOCUS IS NOT AVAILABLE

If you have a small qr code on a namecard it takes long time to read it 2min or so which is unacceptable for a biz phone.
The speed is an advantage in some situations I agree so I would expected from a topmodell to have both autofocus and this but not on step forward 2 steps back also battery life is under every standard it not last one business day every time I enter my car I have to plug in the chager first to make sure I won't run out of juice. And not every standard charger which did work for 8900 and 9780 works on the bold 9900 which will be a big issue for rim in Europe as its the law there so they should fill up their tip boxes for a hefty fine in billion euro region and that will bring the rim shares close to 0
Please use plain text.
Contributor
belfastdispatcher
My Device: Bold 9900

I don't think it's posibile to have autofocus and all focus in one camera, at least on a mobile phone.

And my 9700 and my wife's Pearl 3G chargers work fine on my 9900, I don't understand what the problem is. It's the universal micro usb charger.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
germed
My Device: 9780

Yes I got a micro usb 5v 1mA in car and it just doesn't charge the 9900 it charge my 8900 9700 htc HD2 but won't work for 9900 I bought a BLACKBERRY charger which does work now but usb is a standard so it should work with any charger
Please use plain text.
Contributor
karlaporter
My Device: Tour 9630

I contacted RIM who asked me to contact my carrier (VerizonWireless) so that the situation could be escalated. It doesn't make sense to me but whatever. I contacted VW, they escalated the situation to RIM and refunded the cost of the CamCard app I cannot use that I purchased when I had a Tour - on which it worked perfectly well.

CamCard rapidly released the Bold 9930 version of their app - and while it functions, it can't make a miracle out of the poor features of the camera itself.

While I appreciated the refund from VW - I do not appreciate the crappy camera. BB messenger features barcode scanning. How is it even possible they fit a camera in the device that cannot fulfill the specs of supposedly compatible apps? 

This one is beyond me. Is this why the CEO recently was removed? LOL

Please use plain text.
Contributor
junda15
My Device: Bold 9700

i have just purchase my bold 9900 and notice even with Image Stabilization the auto focus just don't work. Can blackberry do something about this ?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
junda15
My Device: Bold 9700

i am also having issue on charging my 9900 in my car with mckal cable and belkin adaptor for usb port. previously i charge my 9700 without any issues

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Coachbulldog
My Device: Not Specified

Junda15 posted "i have just purchase my bold 9900 and notice even with Image Stabilization the auto focus just don't work. Can blackberry do something about this ?"

You're out of luck because there is NO auto focus on the Bold 9900. It is a hardware issue so,  no matter how many times RIM updates the OS, there is no fix.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
belfastdispatcher

The 9900 BBM and Appworld barcode scanner use the videocamera instead of the camera and they work even better then before compared to my old 9700.

I suspect the app still used the camera to take a photo of the barcode so that would explain why it wouldn't work.

Try scanning a bbm barcode and you'll be surprised how fast it will read it.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
belfastdispatcher

Image stabilisation is not for close up shots, use the close up mode or the text mode, hold the phone back and zoom in to the subject, this way you will take much better close up pics. They will never be as good as autofocus tho but instead you can take clear pictures of fast moving subjects, sports for example.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
karlaporter
My Device: Tour 9630

Whe I spoke with tech support I was told to ensure image stabilization was enabled for close up photos of text like a business card. I have tried every possible setting and configuration to be able to use the CamCard app and none of them work. They realize it and that is why they refunded the cost of the app to me I suppose.Big fail.

Please use plain text.