Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
stansays
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Starhub Ltd

Re: BB9900 CAMERA AUTO FOCUS IS NOT AVAILABLE

Will BB be updating a new patch for AUTOFOCUS? The close up pictures is really sick. Disappointed.
Be Bold
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Coachbulldog
My Device: Not Specified

"Will BB be updating a new patch for AUTOFOCUS? The close up pictures is really sick. Disappointed."

It is a hardware issue and cannot be fixed with a software update. I hated to leave BlackBerry for another device but I've not regretted it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
stansays
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Starhub Ltd

Thanks bud.

Sigh... guess we cant have the best of everything:smileymad:

Be Bold
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sincerehonest
My Device: BLACKBERRY 9900
My Carrier: SINGTEL

Hi Blackberry Customer Support ,

I just got the BB 9900. Didn't aware it doesn't have Auto-Focus. I am in trouble now without this features. Phone's camera to me is not to take scenery or so much on big objects.

My job is on the move. Need to use camera to take copy/photo of the documents and email out immediately, or for own reference and records.

Hope Blackberry will come up with software able to upgrade BB 9900 camera's Auto-focus feature at the soonest.

Many thanks

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Coachbulldog
My Device: Not Specified

[ Edited ]

"Hope Blackberry will come up with software able to upgrade BB 9900 camera's Auto-focus feature at the soonest."

There is no software update than can magically change the camera on the BB 9900/9930 to auto-focus. It is a hardware issue. You're stuck.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
belfastdispatcher
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

Relax, the 9900 takes good document, I use it to take photos of signatures and send it to my clients as proof of delivery.

Tip: hold the camera back and use zoom to get close rather than holding the camera close. Also use closeup or text mode(text mode pics will be black and white)

What the 9900 can't take photos of is very small print and small insects if that's your thing :smileyhappy:

What it can do and others can't is take photos where all subjects from near to far are in perfect focus and also in sports mode you can take blur free photos of fast moving subjects, it's so fast it can make an airplane propeller appear still un in the air.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sincerehonest
My Device: BLACKBERRY 9900
My Carrier: SINGTEL

Hi,

thanks for respond.

Could you take documents with this font size clearly? Usual internet font-size which close with those contract documents font size.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
belfastdispatcher
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

Photos of A4 size documents and even 1/4 of an A4 page come up perfectly clear, only when you're talking very small objects or small print on a label come out blurry. As I said, I can take an acceptable photo of a proof of delivery signature to send back to my clients with it.
Please use plain text.
opusdei
My Device: Bold 9780 and bold 9900
My Carrier: Free mobile

Hello, and which device did you purchase ?

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
paulomurteira
My Device: 9360
My Carrier: OPTIMUS

[ Edited ]

That's very ok for you, but for us professionals who must take a closeup pic and send to a supplier to correct a problem, the nonautofocus camera of the 9900 is pure b....s.... sorry for the bluntness, but that's what I feel after paying 700 euros... and I'm sorry already for having sold the 9780, great pics it took!

Pavlov
Please use plain text.