Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
jdevera21
My Device: BB9900
Accepted Solution

BB9900 OS 7.0 Bundle 2395 No available update for 7.1

Dear Gurus I have very big problem with my BB 9900 current version 7.0 Bundle 2395 (v7.0.0.579, Platform 5.0.0.735) UAE Du/Etisalat Carrier,  i canot update to )S 7.1 there is no available update in desktop manager also downloaded firmware from carrier install manually used jl comander , crackutil, load tru aploader remove vendor all hidden files same issue..  pls help.. why there is no available 7.1update for my BB..

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
iansantos
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 OS Leaked 10.2.0.1725 | STL100-2

Re: BB9900 OS 7.0 Bundle 2395 No available update for 7.1

jdevera21 wrote:

Dear Gurus I have very big problem with my BB 9900 current version 7.0 Bundle 2395 (v7.0.0.579, Platform 5.0.0.735) UAE Du/Etisalat Carrier,  i canot update to )S 7.1 there is no available update in desktop manager also downloaded firmware from carrier install manually used jl comander , crackutil, load tru aploader remove vendor all hidden files same issue..  pls help.. why there is no available 7.1update for my BB..

Hi,

Follow these steps:

You will need a PC, an internet connection, your BlackBerry Device and your device usb cable to implement all this.

This is how i upgrade my BlackBerry and ill make this simple and straight forward as possible.

1. Uninstall first any BlackBerry software that you previously installed on your PC, as it may and will conflict with the guide

2. Download your specific and latest BlackBerry device OS here or any other official BlackBerry software download page and install it.

3. Download BlackBerry Desktop Manager and install it.

Note: If the OS that you are downloading is from your official carrier, skip step 4, if you got it from other carriers – read on brother.

4. Change your folders option to show hidden files/folders (Click My Computer > Organize > Folder and search options > View tab > click "Show hidden files, folders, and drives"

Search your C: drive for Vendor.xml and delete them, else you can look for the two vendor.xml manually thru

- Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader and delete Vendor.xml. (If you are running 64-bit Vista or Windows 7, the path will be C: > Program Files x86 > Common Files > Research In Motion > AppLoader)

- On Windows Vista/7 navigate to C:\Users\YOUR_USER\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML (Where "YOUR_USER" is your username)

- On Windows XP navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR_USER\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML (Where "YOUR_USER" is your username)

5. Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader. (If you are running 64-bit Vista or Windows 7, the path will be C: > Program Files x86 > Common Files > Research In Motion > AppLoader) double click Loader.exe. Follow the wizard and let it take your BlackBerry device into pure awesomeness.

6. That's it.

If all else fails, fire-up up the Desktop Manager and look for the update button (if it didn't pop-up)

Good luck!

Please thank those who help you by clicking the button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jdevera21
My Device: BB9900

Great support! Fantastic follow step by step instruction i did it:smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
iansantos
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 OS Leaked 10.2.0.1725 | STL100-2

Great! :smileyhappy:

Please thank those who help you by clicking the button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"

Please use plain text.
gaurav_p
My Device: Blackberry 9900

Dear Jdevera

I tried the above steps by mentioned by iansantos but i still could not upgrade to 7.1 . Could you please advise which 7.1 version got upgraded to you phone so I can manually download the OS and upgrade mine. Mine is a BB 9900 7.0 Bundle 2395 (v7.0.0.579, Platform 5.0.0.735). Your earliest response in this regard would be highly appreciated.
Please use plain text.
sivadas

Dear Gurus

I am also hooked up with the same problem ,

"I update my BB bold 9900 to 7.0 Bundle 2395. after this update I couldn't see any update availabity in desktop manger , I tried all the above steps even then I couldn't able to sort out this issue " Kindly help me Gurus  

Please use plain text.
sivadas

Dear Gurus

I am also hooked up with the same problem ,

I update my BB bold 9900 to 7.0 Bundle 2395. after this update I couldn't see any update availabity in desktop manger , I tried all the above steps even then I couldn't able to sort out this issue Kindly help me Gurus  

Please use plain text.