Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
robms
My Carrier: Telstra, Australia
Accepted Solution

BB9900 and Youtube Mobile aren't talking anymore...why???

For the past three to four days I'm able to locate a video with the Youtube Mobile app on my phone and when the video comes up, the "play" icon doesn't function at all anymore, I tried doing an update from the Menu, it failed to follow through, I tried to  revert the app to default settings as directed from the Menu, it failed. I also deleted the app from the phone and reinstalled it using my desktop software, that was successful but Youtube Mobile app did the exact same thing, the "play" icon doesn't work at all.  I heard that this is going on out there but I still don't know if its my carrier or the phone itself or the app.  My carrier said if I can watch videos from MSN website and other sites, which I agree, then its not their settings that's the problem (as they would say) they said I should consult Blackberry Support or Warranty.  Apart from all the above the 9900 works absolutely fine but this one problem is taxing my patience.

I'd like Blackberry or Google to address this problem with a patch or issue a new Youtube app for Blackberry which any BB user can obtain for Free!

But really...someone just help me please!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Kiwii355
My Carrier: O2

Re: BB9900 and Youtube Mobile aren't talking anymore...why???

I thought I was the only one with this issue on my 9900! Have trawled through many forums but to no avail! Come on Blackberry, help us out!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
djas-15242
My Carrier: 02

I've just got a bold 9900 prev used android and never a problem  the support  desk i spoke to said its a utube problem

but the app was pre-loaded so i see it as a problem for both blackberry and google

Please use plain text.
Contributor
robms

Ok, I found the issue with Youtube. Its a Java Support Script issue that just needs an update and for OS7 users you just update to OS7.1 and all will be well, actually the phone will be better but anyway thanks to all the input people!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
robms

Oh yeah, the update takes about 2 hrs and you should attempt it using WiFi only otherwise it will take forever or maybe not at all.
Please use plain text.