Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
CamB
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone Hutchinson Australia (VHA)

BB9900 continuous problems

Hi everyone,

Lokking for some advice on where to go. I am with Vodafone Hutchinson Australia, and recently have upgraded to the 9900 as my old one had poor coverage on the network. I made the switch 9weeks ago and have my 5th 9900 handset, which I have to take back in to have them swap as the mircophone doesn't work on this one.

It seems that each phone has a differnt problem, and they just replace it with a refurbished handset. The problems are starting to frustrate me enough that I am looking to go iphone out of sheer desparation to have a fully working handset (hopefully) is there anything that BB australia New Zealand can do because Vodafone while helpful, the new refurbed handsets just have more problems. Anyone I should contact?

Cam
Please use plain text.
Developer
moniko17
My Device: Javelin 8900
My Carrier: Axis

Re: BB9900 continuous problems

I think you have mistake when using your handset
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
CamB
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone Hutchinson Australia (VHA)

Like? Please provide an example. I am talking, holding the phone the right, and its not muted.
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
f0xx386
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: MTN - SOUTH AFRICA

Hello CamB

What Os version are you using?

And more importantly it would have essential to know if all your handsets had the same Os version.

Your issue is not uncommon, I believe its software glitch. Also by any chance have you installed on all devices a flashlight app, which was found to deactivate notification sounds and micrphone when used and failed to enable these when the app was closed.

Thanks
Please use plain text.