If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
Coussona1943
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: Optus
Accepted Solution

BB9900 problem data wipe done, restored data from Desktop, working - can receive emails, not send

Had problems after synching and backup, 9900 would not reboot, was able to get full wipe through local (Brisbane Australia) mobile repairer.

restored all data from desktop, everything working, recieve/send txt, phone.

receiving emails, cannot reply or create new email.

Message: "no message services configured, you willbe directed to setup wizard to set up email account. did that then 'checking for updates'

then requesting Blackberry Id User name (email address) which I input

then Blckberry ID Password, which I input what I thought was correct.

I used the same password as I use for the BB9900, but is not accepted, and keeps asking for ID and Password, I did see that if the BB had been 'wiped' that a new ID?Password would need to be registered. Tried to register new, would not allow.

I stil have a Torch 9800, that I used as a back up phone, which is still working without ID/Password issue.

What can I do with the Bold 9900 to get it to allow email send/reply.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: BB9900 problem data wipe done, restored data from Desktop, working - can receive emails, not send

Hello,

Coussona1943 wrote:

I used the same password as I use for the BB9900

If, by that, you mean your device lock password, then these credentials are separate. BB ID is how you associate your BB to various BB-services, and contains it's very own credentials, which are separate from your device lock password, your email account credentials, and all other things.

It would seem that you do not know your BBID credentials, which will require you to reset the password:

• KB28685 How to reset the BlackBerry ID password using the password recovery question

Note carefully that the password reset email will not, for security reasons, be delivered to your BB...so you must have non-BB access to the email account presently associated to your BB ID.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Coussona1943
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: Optus

Re: BB9900 problem data wipe done, restored data from Desktop, working - can receive emails, not send

Thanks! I thought I had tried that previously, but after following the process to the letter I have successfully reset the BBID and will save! Contributors like yourself seem to be vital for BB users as in Australia we have no phone support and I have more knowledge than network tech support, I have gained the knowledge through the forum. It is dissapointing to a loyal Bb user especially with the loss of market share of RIM that they are not more actively helping their clients. I do have concern that we will lose the BB keyboard which is why I continue to use a BB. I do not like touch screen keyboards on cellphones.
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

You are most welcome indeed!

Coussona1943 wrote:
in Australia we have no phone support and I have more knowledge than network tech support, I have gained the knowledge through the forum. It is dissapointing to a loyal Bb user especially with the loss of market share of RIM that they are not more actively helping their clients.

Unfortunately, the contracts rule everything. BlackBerry cannot provide direct support to end users as that is (contractually) the responsibility of the carriers, authorized resellers, or authorized service centers (it varies by region and specific issue). Fortunately, BlackBerry does sponsor this site and enables kind volunteers to help each other out.

Coussona1943 wrote:
I do have concern that we will lose the BB keyboard which is why I continue to use a BB. I do not like touch screen keyboards on cellphones.

Then you might want to keep watching for the upcoming Q10 model...a device with the outstanding (IMHO) BB10 OS, yet with a physical keyboard (and, naturally, smaller screen than the Z10...but we all make the tradeoffs we are comfortable with).

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.