Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
jorge1958
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

BBB 9900 frozen

Thank you for your help.

While making a software update my phone froze at the screen " Software Updates, Backing Up Your Data, Social Feeds, Overall Backup Progress: 81%" I started the upgrade around 10pm yesterday and around 11:30pm the previous screen appears. So I let it run till 4am today (oct-5-2013).

Thing I've done:

1) I turn off the devise using the End/Power key. Then I restarted the phone and it went back to the same screen, but the Overall Backup Progress stay at 8%. After about 2 hr I screen locked the phone

2) Went to the office and tried the following, using the BB Desktop w/out the battery press update, the desktop request either "Repair or Cancel". Tried both without avail.

3) Tried the BB on Safe mode and then connect to Desktop but BB shows screen Backing Up Your Data with the same Overall backup at 8%.

I am not able to restart or do anything with my BB

Please help.

Thank you, Jorge

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
curve8530curve8330
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless USA

Re: BBB 9900 frozen

Look up on the internet: take a Blackberry out of any state, there should be a direct link to the blackberry website, this will do a hard reset on the phone and reset whatever glitch that is causing this. Let me know.
1. If a post has helped you, show your appreciation by clicking Like at the bottom of the message box.
2. If a post has solved your question, please click ''accept as solution'' to verify your question has been solved.
Please use plain text.