Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900, Bold 9700, PlayBook
My Carrier: Telenor

BBID and flagship Bold 9900

I have a Bold 9900 which simply refuses to let me connect with my BBID. The first time this happened was when I bought the phone. I put in my old SIMcard and logged in with my BBID. First thing I did was to download all my contacts via BB Protect that I had backed up from my bold 9700. So far so good. Two or three days later though, the phone would not let me connect using my BBID. As a result, I couldn't use App World or BB Protect or anything that required my BBID. I posted a question here, got no help (only other users with the same issues), so after two weeks I decided to create a new BBID. As a result, I had to start all over. Emails were lost, contacts were lost and all settings were lost. Fortunately I got everything but the settings back from the computer backup (didn't back up the settings as I didn't know if these were causing the issue, as no BB technician would answer my post...).

Now it happened again! Changed carrier and everything should be set to go. I waited two days to make sure the carrier had enough time to set everything up and cut my bands with the old carrier. Inserted my new SIM card and I was prompted to log in with my ID as the SIM had changed. IT REFUSES TO LOG IN!!!!!! My only other option is to wipe the device. Again, I wiped the device to get access to the phone. Opened BB Protect to download my backup file, but it refuses to log in using my BBID!!!

Come on blackberry technicians, please answer me!! I have looked through all other similar posts, there doesn't seem to be a fix! Come on, this is serious, I've spend hours and hours setting everything up, you can't expect your users to have to create new BBID's for ever! Im running out of email addresses to use with all my BBIDs. Pleeeeeaaaaaase, give me an answer, what should I do, when will this be resolved???? I waited for a long time to upgrade my phone as I was waiting for the 9900, and it is full of bugs! Since I bought it (approx 1 week after the release) there hasn't been a single upgrade or bugfix. How do you expect to stay competitive like this? Devoted BB users have to dig deeeeeep into their hearts and soles to find reasons to stick with you given all alternatives by competitors. You are alienating all non-corporate users that aren't required by company policy to have blackberries!