Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
tyesta
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9780
Accepted Solution

BBM CONTACT REQUESTS 200+ ADDS ON TELUS NETWORK.

I've done alot of research on this and found all sorts of topics on it but no fix. I've searched for my PIN all over the web and cannot find it posted anywhere. I am recieving every hour almost 50+ contact add requests to BBM Messenger from all sorts of different pakistan / asian / german / swedish / arab / i don't know what to say... I DONT KNOW HOW THEY ARE GETTING THE PIN. But i need this to stop. I tryed to call tech support for Blackberry and they wanted to charge me... for something which is clearly... a security issue on RIM's END.

PLEASE GET BACK TO ME.

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
Esperoni
My Device: Z10, 9900

Re: BBM CONTACT REQUESTS 200+ ADDS ON TELUS NETWORK.

If the device was bought used, then the PIN is hardwired to the actual device. Maybe a previous owner posted his/her PIN.

Some people, that are added through Social Media sites and Forum boards like to pass around BlackBerry PINS in BCs (Broadcast Messages)

If it was one or two requests a week or month, then I would think it's someone who was trying to add someone with a PIN very similar to yours. Your PIN had to get out to the masses somehow.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tyesta

It was brand new from TELUS Mobility. This is not used.... or publiclly posted anywhere...

SOMEONE HAS GOT TO HAVE A BETTER ANSWER THAN THIS.

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
Esperoni
My Device: Z10, 9900

50 requests an hour? I guess you can accept one or two requests and ask them where they got your PIN from.

My PIN is posted all over the place, and I get 2-3 requests a day. Either the device is refurbished, or someone you had on your list posted your PIN somewhere.

Hope you figure it out.

Cheers,
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tyesta

The PIN is not public its not posted anywhere this is clearly a spam bot or bot net or something sending out these requests this is coming from users all over the world. RIM wants to charge me like 75$ for tech support on this **bleep**. When they need to purge the profile for the requests because they keep happening. - Why would i accept these if they are coming via spam...... the PIN is not on the web anywhere its a security issue RIM needs to deal with.
Please use plain text.
boobooxj
My Device: Bold 9900

Tyesta,

I am experiencing this problem recently and it is so annoying with all these requests non-stop, daily! At first, I thought someone must have posted my pin on fb and etc.. but I searched everywhere and nothing to be found! I thought I was the only who is experiencing this.. Are you still getting mass requests? when will this stop? 

Please use plain text.
nnekachello
My Device: 9360

please somebody help,am getting about 20+ add request from people I dont know.it is annoying and running my battery down,how do I stop these,most of them are spanish and i dont spk spanish nor know anyone that speak it.so pls help me urgent!just to add,my phone is not  used,I am the original owner,i got it from windmobile

Please use plain text.