Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700
My Carrier: TELUS

BBM Contacts keep falling off

I just switched a week ago from my old Curve to the new 9700 Bold. I backed everything up in desktop manager and swapped over to the bold when I got it.

Ever since then 5-7 of my 40 contacts in BBM keep auto falling off every night and I have to re-invite them daily which is starting to get frustrating for myself and my contacts.

I've tried hard resetting the phone, deleting them off my list and manually re adding them. Deleting them off my list and having them add me from their phone but still nothing works. Every night they fall off again.

Some of the contacts are on the old BBM and some are on the newer version so that doesn't seem to be the problem either.

I've called my carrier but they don't support BBM so I thought I would try here.

Does anyone have any clues, tips/tricks or ideas to help?

Thanks,

Andrew

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: BBM Contacts keep falling off

No one knows???

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Bold 9900, Playbook , HS-700 headset
My Carrier: Rogers

Hiya!

Which version of BBM are you using?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1). Please thank those who help you by clicking the Like Button beside the 'Reply' button.
2). If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution" on the correct post!
3). Remember to have fun! We are all in this together!
4). Follow me on Follow Raelic1337 on Twitter

New Contributor

Hello,

I'm currently running version 5.0.1.38

I tried going through the Options menu/Applications and removing BBM from my phone. Reset the device, re-downloaded through App World and manually entered all 40+ contacts that I have just incase there was a corrupt file in my backup.

The same exact contact that would previously remove themselves daily, still remove themselves. I will still have their info available on my list, but on their handsets I no longer show as a contact.

I'm thinking the only other step I can take would be a full wipe of the handset to see if that works??

Thoughts?

Andrew

New Contributor
My Device: Onyx - Bold 9700

Hi Andrew, I am having the same exact problem.

My wife bought me a new Bold 9700. So i restored all my BBM Contacts (356 contacts) from my old Javeline Curve to my 9700.

I was expecting the usual "update your new PIN to your contacts" routine, but i wasn't that fortunate. 

I end up having to re-add every day about 20 or so contacts (that i know of). It's getting very frustrating and annoying to me and my contacts.

I was told to delete the PIN and the address book, and re-add manually. Didn't work.

I was also told to go to BBM Options, select "restore contacts locally" uncheck "auto save" and only select one email as a back up to restore my list. That still didn't work.

A friend mentioned that it took 3 weeks before this problem actually stopped. Seriously....3 weeks??

So, I am currently getting more and more frustrated. These contacts are not only my friends, but also important business contacts.

Appreciate any help, guys!

Thanks,

Nate

New Contributor

Nate,

I totally understand the frustration you're going through. i work for a telecommunications provider as well and i've gone through all of our tech support teams and done everything that i've been advised to do and nothing's working.

I'm so frustrated at this point. It's been weeks now that this has been going on and i'm at the "end of my rope"

Is there anyone out there that can assist here or have any suggestions?

Andrew

New Contributor
My Device: Onyx - Bold 9700

Andrew,

Any luck with your problem?

I posted the same question on another BB forum. I was told to wipe the BB clean and upgrade the OS.

So, I wiped my BB clean...upgraded to OS 5.0.862, upgraded BBM to 5.0.1.38 to no avail.

I'm still having to re-add a third of my contacts daily.

If you're having more luck with other options please do share...

Nate