Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
alizdar24
My Device: Bold 9900

BBM Disapeared

i very recently got the bold 9900 and everything was working fine, i received a notification that my bbm needed to be updated, so i did, after i restarted my phone, the icon had disapeared from the home screen. i tried searching for it and found nothing, it says it is still installed and so i cannot download it again because it also says i cannot delete it.. can anyone help? i reallly like BBM and now its gone :smileysad:

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: BBM Disapeared

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Here is a KB that discusses that error:

• KB23968 BlackBerry Messenger icon disappears from the Home screen of the BlackBerry smartphone

Hopefully it contains something useful! There also are multiple existing threads on this site that discuss that exact error...your review of those might prove useful, and a search of this site, using the error message, error code, or symptom, should reveal all applicable existing threads to you.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Developer
simply_abhik
My Device: 9300 3G Curve
My Carrier: Tata Docomo

Re: BBM Disapeared

Hi alizdar24,

Welcome to BB Community...

Lets first try to find ur BBM on ur BB...follow the steps:

1. On your homescreen, press the Menu key > SHOW ALL, so that SHOW ALL is checked.
2. Look in EACH folder on your device... Applications, Instant Messengers, Downloads, etc.

See if ur can find ur BBM...

If u cant find ur BBM from the last given process, then let's first make sure it's completely gone from your phone then we'll see about getting it reinstalled.

From your homescreen go to Options>Device>Application Management and look for BlackBerry Messenger. If it's listed in the list, highlight it with your cursor, press the menu key and select Delete. Now that we're sure it's gone, remove your battery while your phone is powered on then replace it.

Your next step is to go to www.blackberry.com/messenger from your phone's browser and download it again from there.

Good Luck...

with regards
simply abhik...
_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Please click "Accept as Solution" if your issue has been solved and to give thanks/appreciation, click thumbs up... :Yes:
For BB OS update: http://us.blackberry.com/software/smartphones/update.html
BB Simulators: http://us.blackberry.com/sites/developers/resources/simulators.html
_______________________________________________________________________________________________