Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
femielufidiya
My Device: 9650
My Carrier: *

BBM Display Picture not updating

I noticed that when I try to change my display pictures it does not actually get updated in the network. That is, people still see my old display picture instead of the new one.

I'm in Nigeria, and I'm on the MTN network. Thanks in advance.
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: BBM Display Picture not updating

Hello femielufidiya

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Its been how long you're having this issue ? Have you tried to update you BBM name ( like adding something beside you name,  any Smiley etc ) ? You can try that .

If issue persists  then you can try re-installing BBM which helped most user in past  in resolving there issues with Display Picture. To do that On On your Homescreen Go to Options > Device >  Application Management > Locate and delete BlackBerry Messenger from there. After deleting do a Battery Pull Restart like this device Powered On remove the battery wait a min. then re-insert it back .

KB10040  :  How to view or remove installed application on a blackberry smartphone

Finally after reboot use your BlackBerry Browser and  browse to www.blackberry.com/bbmdownload  and download the most recent available for your device model. If device prompt for a restart do it .

Please Note :

If you're having BBM7 or higher then your BBM Contacts are integrated with your BlackBerry ID , after installing when you login with your BlackBerry ID your Contacts will be restored back , but if you're having any previous persion then first do a local backup , you can backup in your Media card, refer to this KB for further  help

KB20554 How to back up and restore the BlackBerry Messenger contact list

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
femielufidiya
My Device: 9650
My Carrier: *

I have been this issue for the past few days. the BBM updates but the picture update dont.
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hi there,

If you think it's taking too long to reflect those changes then you can try those steps as suggeted .

let us know if issue remains.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.