Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Telus

BBM Error Message - Temporary BBM server error has occurred

I recently updated the software on my Bold 9900 to OS 7 and can no longer use BBM. I have deleted and reinstalled it 4 times and get the same error message each time " Cannot set up bbm - a temporary bbm server error has occurred". This has  been ongoing for several days so i'm suspect this is a "temporary" error. Friends with same phone have done update with no issue. Anyone else having this issue or have a suggestion?? My service provider is Telus and they have been of no help. I'm lost without my BBM Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Thank you!!!!!

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: BBM Error Message - Temporary BBM server error has occurred

The first step to try is the following:

1. Go to Options > Device > Advanced Device Options > Host Routing Table, press the BB Menu button and select Register Now.

2. Next, go to Settings > Email Setup, press the BB Menu button and select Service Books, then resend your service books.

Hopefully that will resolve the issue. If it doesn't, then that would suggest to me that something went wrong during your OS upgrade (e.g. a file didn't install correctly and is now interfering with the communication between your BlackBerry and the BBM servers. In that case, I'd suggest reloading the device software using the following method:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Device-software-for-BlackBerry/How-To-Reload-Your-Operating-S...

That step, although a bit more labor intensive, should resolve any issues you're having.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

My Device: 9650
My Carrier: student

Re: BBM Error Message - Temporary BBM server error has occurred

I have same problem like that. But i use bbm on android..