If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
nanoalien
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: T-mobile

BBM Not Opening

I have a 9900, when i open Bbm it says setting up bbm, and just stays there for ever. Bbm is the only reason I have a blackberry, its really important to me, it was working before, i don't know what changed. Any help is appreciated.

Thank you for reading.

Please use plain text.
Developer
Teaboy1748
My Device: Q10/ Z10 / 9900 / PlayBook / 9700 / 8900
My Carrier: ATT

Re: BBM Not Opening

First try Do a battery pull.

If problem still happens Delete & re-install App
Please use plain text.
Contributor
nanoalien

I pulled the battery, it still didn't open. i deleted and installed it again and its still the same. 

:smileysad: sucks

Please use plain text.
Developer
Teaboy1748
My Device: Q10/ Z10 / 9900 / PlayBook / 9700 / 8900
My Carrier: ATT

This seem to work for some other people you can try and see if this will help

Go to Settings->Blackberry ID and re-sign in with your BBID. Open BBM again and it associated with your Blackberry ID and all is well.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Testing-and-Deployment/BBM-stuck-at-Opening-BBM-setup-screen-...
Please use plain text.
Contributor
nanoalien

i don't see settings on my phone, I went to options, then device, then Blackberry ID, when i click on it it just shows my information like changing my screenname, first name, last name, it doesnt give me an option to log in or out.

I appreciate your help.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
nanoalien

I called tmobile, they even "launch" an investigation n turns out everything is ok in their end, I have to call back tommorrow to b communicated with blackberry, that's assumming that I don't slam the phone bfore tommorrow wtf!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
dramSH
My Device: BlackBerry 9900
My Carrier: china unicom

When did you start seeing the issue? Have you updated your OS or anything since you started seeing the issue.

What OS are you running? On the homescreen type "software" then go into about device versions. There will be a number followed by a bundle.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
nanoalien

Everything was working great and 2 night ago when I sent a bbm message it put a big red X next to the message(I tried more than 1 contact), so I did a battery pull, ever since then when I open bbm it stays stuck in the blue screen saying "setting up bbm".. The software is 7.1 Bundle 2508 (v7.1.0.912, Platform 5.1.0.641)
Please use plain text.
Contributor
dramSH
My Device: BlackBerry 9900
My Carrier: china unicom

Are you able to send email or browse the internet while on 3G/EDGE? Alternatively, I would suggest you do a 'register' now. Go to Options > Device > Advanced System Settings > Host Routing Table. Click the Menu key and click Register Now.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
nanoalien

The internet works, I switch it to 2g and also works, the email I never had it set up because I don't use it, but when I try to set it up it only gives me the option for enterprise email...I registered it and received the message saying the device has been registered with the wireless network, bbm still won't work.
Please use plain text.