Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
kgenua
My Device: Bold 9700

BBM Picture wont update

HELP!!! For some reason I am unable to change my bbm picture. I have tried everything. Back up... restore... uninstall.. redownload... I even wiped my phone and restore everything but bbm to see if it would work and it wont. anyone else having this problem? How do we fix it?

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: BBM Picture wont update

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

When you say your BBM picture won't change...what, exactly do you mean...for instance...

If it changes on your BB but not on your friends, then it is usually just a matter of waiting...it can take days.

On the other hand, if you attempt to change it on your BB and that is not successful (regardless of what others see), then that may be a different matter entirely. In which case, please provide the details of exactly the steps you take and exactly the results you see.

Further, provide you BB model, OS level, country, carrier, and BBM version.

Thanks!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
kgenua

I have tried several times to change my display picture on BBM and when they checked their phone it still had the old picture. I have have tried many different things, all which have not worked.

- deleted bbm and re-installed it

- backed up phone, wiped the phone, restored it... still nothing

- wiped phone - restored everything but bbm and contacts did those manually - still nothing

I have the current OS 5 with the current BBM version. also tried to fix it by installing the leaked version of OS 6 (still nothing)

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

In which case, you fall into the first issue I listed above. In which further case, you have not said how long you have waited...

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
kgenua

its been 2 weeks. Ive never had this issue before. my picture has always changed right away... and why would my status change but not my picture?

New Contributor
shorty123
My Device: 9700

hello

im having the same problem.

My profile bbm photo is not updating...my friends are updating theirs and i am unable to see thier updates, however, they can see one anothers.  My photo has not changed for 2 weeks.. 

Ive rebooted, batt pulled, wiped, reinstalled, the lot!  o2 have no idea what is wrong with it.

I can not see anyones profile picture and they can not see mine?

any advice

New Contributor
shorty123
My Device: 9700

my phone is bold 9700

country - uk

bbm version is 5.0.1.41

os is: v 5./ v5.0.0.979 5.1.0.177

Further, provide you BB model, OS level, country, carrier, and BBM version.

New Contributor
snyderk08
My Device: Curve 8530

[ Edited ]

Maybe there is an issue with the RIM/Blackberry server? because mine just began doing this also as of yesterday.. i changed my picture, and my old one showed in the contacts list pics and there never was an update notification of me changing my picture.. and today i did a battery pull, exited BBM and reopened, deleted my contacts, re-added, etc.. still nothing... now my display pic is just the silhouette thing... but it shows up when i go to edit my picture and status, etc. On that page, my picture shows...

Blackberry Curve 8530
Sprint - United States

v5.0.0.459/Platform 4.2.0.201

BBM v 5.0.1.41

lindsaylu
My Device: 9630

I have had the same issue and done exactly what you've said below and its driving me nuts bc ive even talked to my phone provider as well as blackberry and no one could give me an answer bc no one knew why or could explain the reason. All they could tell me is wait it out and hopefully it will work itself out which wasnt reassuring when blackberry themselves couldnt explain it. Im so frustrated bc my friends phones are fine and arent having the problem but mine is and no one seems know what the issue is or why it is happening so if anyone figures out how to fix it please let me know asap!!!!

my phone is the tour 9630 and i have the latest bbm update 5.1

I have tried several times to change my display picture on BBM and when they checked their phone it still had the old picture. I have have tried many different things, all which have not worked.

- deleted bbm and re-installed it

- backed up phone, wiped the phone, restored it... still nothing

- wiped phone - restored everything but bbm and contacts did those manually - still nothing

New Contributor
tuxedodan
My Device: Javelin

Bb curve 8530
Metro pcs
Problem started yesterday.
Latest versions of bbm and os 5.