Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
abhimawa
My Device: Blackberry 9790
Accepted Solution

BBM Recovery via email not recovering

Dear all,

I updated my 9790 about 13 hours ago from OS 7.0 to OS 7.1.0.523. Everything works well albeit all my BBM contacts are lost (hundreds of them). I tried to recover them using Remote Contact List Recovery with zero result (it has been 11 hours or so). The screen just shows the following:

"The verification email was sent successfully to <email_address>. Once your device receives the email, it will be processed automatically and recovery will continue. If this........".

I really appreciate if there is anyone who can help me with this. Thank you.

Please use plain text.
SkyloZA
My Device: Bold 9780

Re: BBM Recovery via email not recovering

I have the same problem... I work in an IT department and have to help support cell phones. At this point in time we have a lot of Blackberry's in our company, we are currently moving from OS 6 & 7 to 10, and what we are finding is that the upgrade is requiring them to use their BBW ID for activating their BBM. I have now had four users in the last month that can't remember their BBW Password and have asked for a password reset..... I did as well just to test and well I'm still waiting for the email it's been close to a month now and I'm still waiting.

Here is another weird one. I now have a user that is trying to reset her BBW password on her phone. It asks a security question but has an option to say she forgot her answer, the phone then instructs her to go to the web and try  reset from there as it will not ask the security question.... But it does.... So now she to is stuck as she can't remember the answer to get the point where she is waiting for the reset password email.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
abhimawa

Considering Blackberry is a company where data security and information is their main business, this is truly disappointing, rustic, and more like research done in workshop relying on trial-error rather than true research center.

I looked up at my contacts (on the address book, which is retaliated to the their PINs) and the message shown was "gathering information..".

It's been more than half-day and it is not recovering.

Do you know if there is any hotter-than-hell line for blackberry service that I can call? 

Disappointing and unreliable things like this cause their market share to self-shrunk

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
abhimawa

Re: Tell us your story

• Blackberry was a my life saver a few years ago.
  • Now, it is a friend that stabs me in the back.
  • I am not a person who jumps into the bandwagon, but I got an iPhone about a year ago for my other number. It never lets me down. Stable OS, easy to work with, and more solidly built, too. I am using blackberry 9790 that won't recover the BBM contacts after upgrading to OS 7.1, poor battery performance, and nowhere-to-find customer support
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
RobGambino
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Re: Tell us your story

abhimawa wrote:
  • Blackberry was a my life saver a few years ago.
  • Now, it is a friend that stabs me in the back.
  • I am not a person who jumps into the bandwagon, but I got an iPhone about a year ago for my other number. It never lets me down. Stable OS, easy to work with, and more solidly built, too. I am using blackberry 9790 that won't recover the BBM contacts after upgrading to OS 7.1, poor battery performance, and nowhere-to-find customer support

Have you tried the new OS 10? your missing out!

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,929
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

abhimawa, you need to call Telkomsel - Indonesia tech support on the issue, and ask them to ESCALATE the issue to BlackBerry's tier two technical support.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
abhimawa

I did. They said "sorry", and recommended me to go to Blackberry tech support. Now I am truly confused, and it does not seem to go anywhere.

Please use plain text.
JSanders

No, you must DEMAND that Telkomsel - Indonesia tech support ESCALATE or TRANSFER your call to BlackBerry tech support. They may not want to do that, but they can.

This here, us, is only a user to user support forum. We are not BlackBerry Technical support.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
abhimawa

Many thanks for the support, friends. 

I last night went to see a friend of a friend who is an expert/hacker/whatever to look into my device. It turns out there's unusual version conflict (don't know about the tech details), and after several hours we can get the BBM contacts back.

I can't understand why I upgraded straight from blackberry site, and got a conflict.

As for telkomsel, I visited telkomsel twice, and they seem to be lacking in troubleshooting this kind of problem, and/or either too lazy to work things out.

Again, thanks all.

Please use plain text.
JSanders

Great, glad you got it working.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.