Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
alczcheng
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers
Accepted Solution

BBM Voice chat

Voice chat works fine on wifi, but it does not work on mobile network service. The icon is greyed out. Please provide explanations and instructions as appropriate.  Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
gutijose14
My Device: Blackberry Q10 (OS 10.2.1.3247)
My Carrier: Movilnet

Re: BBM Voice chat

Hello Alczcheng

Welcome to http://supportforums.blackberry.com/

BBM Voice Chat is only possible through the wireless network with Blackberry OS Legacy.

In BlackBerry 10 if it's possible to make video calls with the Call Ringtone and mobile network.

Regards...

BBM Channels  PIN: C0007093A
Do not forget to give LIKE   Like Those people who help you and advise you about your doubts. Accept as Solution if the review has been SOLVED** # BBM 4LL4LL BlackBerry #ÉliteRoad Elite Make a backup of your BlackBerry
BlackBerry Protect and  BlackBerry Link constantly. BlackBerry #ichooseBlackBerry10 Gutijose14 Forums Advisor III  Gutijose14

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
alczcheng

Thanks. Does this apply to other smartphones as well, i.e. android or iphone?

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

It can be blocked by your carrier, as well. I'm on ATT and it is greyed out while on mobile network. When I had TMobile it worked on mobile.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
gutijose14
My Device: Blackberry Q10 (OS 10.2.1.3247)
My Carrier: Movilnet

Hey Alczcheng

Android and Iphone can not make calls but you are connected to a wifi network...

Buy a blackberry 10
And you will enjoy all the features and wonders of BBM.

Regards. 

BBM Channels  PIN: C0007093A
Do not forget to give LIKE   Like Those people who help you and advise you about your doubts. Accept as Solution if the review has been SOLVED** # BBM 4LL4LL BlackBerry #ÉliteRoad Elite Make a backup of your BlackBerry
BlackBerry Protect and  BlackBerry Link constantly. BlackBerry #ichooseBlackBerry10 Gutijose14 Forums Advisor III  Gutijose14

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
alczcheng

Thanks for the suggeston.

I have used three generations of BB, so I can't say I am not satisfied. However I do want to explore other options as well especially BBM is now open to other platforms. My daughter was doing the BBM voice chat with me from her iPhone, so I thought it would be possible.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Unfortunately, the only good advice you're getting from gutijose is to "Buy a BlackBerry 10."

You can most definitely do voice chat over BBM on iPhone. However, some carriers block it over their mobile networks because they lose money from the voice calls and they don't like the high bandwidth use.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.