Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
ROertzen
My Device: Bold 9900

BBM and emails do not work when roaming with 9900 Bold

Spanish Vodafone changed my BB 3 times, 2 9800 and now I have the 9900 but the follwing problem is not solved:
When outside of Spain, BBM and emails should work with a WiFi connection, with data roaming disabled. It does not work on the above mentioned BB`s. Wifi itself works fine abroad and there are no problems in Spain. If I change the sim card into my Storm 2, all works fine abroad. What is the problem please?
Developer
AutoAppForum
My Device: Playbook

Re: BBM and emails do not work when roaming with 9900 Bold

you need to have data roaming enabled. to avoid roaming charges when using wifi, go to wireless and netroks and shut off the mobile network. 

its possible that the latter step alone is enough to solve your problem.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.
If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!
New Contributor
ROertzen
My Device: Bold 9900

Thanks for your comment . I tried what you suggested but it does not work. I seems if you shut off mobile network, data is shut off as well. I switched data service while roaming on for a moment with mobile network on and BIS would change from Not Connected to Mobile Network. Switching data service while roaming off again does not revert BIS to WiFi as on my Storm 2. On the Storm, data roaming is off as well. Any more ideas what the problem might be? Vodafone Spain says there is no restriction on my account with them.
Contributor
kazaka
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900

Hi everybody!

I'm experiencing the same problem! The exact situation as described above by another member of this forum, but with a small big difference: it worked perfect on a previous trip to Italy and worked only on the first day in Romania. After that...gone! On the same places I had no problems at all sending and receiving emails via wi-fi with my "old" Bold 9000 (with "data off when roaming"), I can not do it now with my Bold 9900 (but I CAN BROWSE).

I tried everything, I think: I spent lots of money on roaming calls to my carrier, which verified possible problems with my SIM or the telephone or the data plan (as per their analysis I had, and I still have, no problems at all on these 3 items. Therefore, I was supposed to use data via wi-fi while roaming), I tried a few battery pulls, I tried a reset to the wi-fi settings but...nothing solved my problem.

Any solution please, please, please!

Somebody can help? It would be highly appreciated.

My complements to all the members.